AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Surprised to not see any discussion here regarding the audio pop. I opened my Madden last night and played 3 games, and about every 10-15ish minutes or so, there will be a LOUD pop from the speakers.

Loud enough to have me concerned about my home theater speakers.

Some googling revealed that MANY ps3 users are experiencing the same thing, and some theorize that the audio commentary is somehow related to the problem. Tonight I'll try to turn the commentary off and see if the pop goes away (commentary is pretty bad anyway).

No technical response that I could find yet from EA regarding this issue. Anyone else have this issue or have some thoughts on it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just returned a disk since it seems some people have it and some people don't. I noticed if I turned the commentary volume off it went most of the time, but not all the time. I'll report back after I've played this one for a bit. No one seems to report on whether they are using surround or not so not sure if that is part of it. I have a Samsung LED with sound running through a Sony AVR all through HDMI. maybe it's a "handshaking" issue?

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think it's a handshake issue - my ps3 is connected to my 6 year old Denon 3805 via optical - not HDMI.

I also don't think it's a surround issue, as I run madden stereo through my towers, not in a surround mode.

I also tried it with the commentary off and it still did it, although seemingly not as frequently.

No idea if it's a disc-specific problem. Anyone heard anything else on this?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I run my PS3 into my Onkyo HT-RC180 out to my Samsung LCD, all through HDMI. I'm playing in 5.1 surround sound, and I get the loud random pop noise from my setup with this game also.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
yep, here, too.

Run my PS3 w/HDMI through Samsung TV, just TV audio for now.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I've played a few games and haven't experienced it (it happened previously when I was playing the demo). I played at my buddies house this weekend, and he did have it. Weird.

I set up his HT and both our systems are set up the exact same way, just different avr and speakers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got the same issue. I emailed EA about it and they did not respond. I've got expensive equipment and am very nervous about something getting damaged. It's unacceptable on EA to even release a game with this type of flaw. Has anyone figured out a solution?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.