AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,258 Posts
If you would have posted a video and said this was Madden07 I wouldnt have known any different..


Pretty sad huh..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan /forum/post/0


If you would have posted a video and said this was Madden07 I wouldnt have known any different..


Pretty sad huh..

On your part yes....Madden 07 tackling and animations were just horrible. You could be 3 feet from a guy and still tackle without touching him...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,258 Posts
On my part?


Exactly which part of that was actual gameplay..


This game will be on store shelves in less than 3 months..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan /forum/post/0


On my part?


Exactly which part of that was actual gameplay..


This game will be on store shelves in less than 3 months..

Thats supposed to be gameplay on instant replay.


The on your part comment stemmed from saying that you couldnt tell a difference between 07 and the new video. Those animations are far better showing the high and low tackles of the hit stick 2.0, and gang tackling. Throw in receiver controls and the boatload of recycled but new to next gen features and its overall a solid game. SO FAR.


Just as long as the kickers dont look like linebackers im cool with it...


Much improved over last year, complete garbage and was disastrous to the franchise....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
208 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinksjinx /forum/post/0


Thats supposed to be gameplay on instant replay.


The on your part comment stemmed from saying that you couldnt tell a difference between 07 and the new video. Those animations are far better showing the high and low tackles of the hit stick 2.0, and gang tackling. Throw in receiver controls and the boatload of recycled but new to next gen features and its overall a solid game. SO FAR.


Just as long as the kickers dont look like linebackers im cool with it...


Much improved over last year, complete garbage and was disastrous to the franchise....

From the sounds of the multiple interviews I've read about Madden and NCAA, the biggest addition will be the MUCH MORE responsive game play. They are talking about how you can make moves based strictly on your stick skills(like back on the PS1, I could abuse people without using the spin button). That's what I'm most excited about.


Also, the new blocking looks much improved from the game play videos.


IMO, you can't tell much from those closeup shots... Those are a very poor indicator of how the game will actually play.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
611 Posts
I'm real excited about being able to break out of animations.


The worst part of previous Maddens was stuff like dropping back to pass and not being able to throw the ball away because you get sucked up into a sack animation. The QBs arm would move forward to pass then it would just stick to his hand and then the sack animation.


Also just getting bumped by a player and getting thrown to the ground. Now you can actually break from the animation into a new one and keep playing.


Also last years sideline passes were terrible. I guess now, when you throw to the sidelines, they wont just run out of bounds. They're actually aware of the sideline and will plant there feet and run...


So we're no longer controlled by the animations, we can actually control the players...lol


Looks fantastic.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,422 Posts
I've bought everyone fore the 360 and ended up playing it for about a week.. I think I'll just rent this one and see how it is.. I was really upset when I found out there wasn't a Challenge option because every game I played it had atleast one call that was wrong..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,056 Posts
as i said in the other Madden/NCAA thread, if EA can finally live up to 1/2 the promises it should be much better.


I totally missed the formation shifts and def hot calls in Madden. and hopefully NCAA '09 gets this yr's madden extras
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
For me... I'm really getting sick and tired of listening to EA's people in their interviews this year about how they're finally getting around to using the 360's horsepower. Come on! The game has sucked the first two years, and now 2K is stepping up with their game, and now EA feels it's time to get the most out of this machine?!?! Nice try! I'll buy 2K's game long before I get sucked into another $60.00 of crap!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,261 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by danieloneil01 /forum/post/0


I've bought everyone fore the 360 and ended up playing it for about a week.. I think I'll just rent this one and see how it is.. I was really upset when I found out there wasn't a Challenge option because every game I played it had atleast one call that was wrong..

Great points I feel the exact same way. No challenge? Is this football or some other sport? Becuase in football that I follow for like the like 10 years (little lesS) there has been challenges. In Nfl 2k5 for Xbox 1 there were challenges and in 2007 36o Madden for 59.99 there is not. Screw that I will rent first this time too. Then if its great i;ll get it. Otherwise Maddens not gettin my 60 bucks. This is also how I do with most 360 games now because most of them suck after the 1st week. Saves moneY
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
208 Posts
I sort of like the idea of having challenges in an NFL video game, but ulitmately it's a pretty absurd thing to include. Who are you appealing to with your challenge, some outside, impartial observer? No, it's the game, the same game that made the 'bad' call in the first place. If the game coding gets it wrong (eg. the game consideres a receiver to have both feet in even if the graphics indicate that part of one foot is over the line, so even if you are right to feel ripped off, the game sees it as both feet in and there's nothing to be done). Toburon's argument against having challenges for online play is that it would mean they would have to insert bad calls as part of the game for online play, and that smacks of unfairness to them. Personally, I think they go a little too far with some of their 'fair play' ideas (like, no weather online? No wind? Injuries 'off' for ranked games? BS all IMHO), but that's their thinking and you can't win that argument by claiming that calls the game thinks are right are actually bad calls, even if they are.


The video highlighted the new changes in the gameplay, particuarly gang-tackling and mid-air collisions, as well as some new reception animations/ reverse kinematics and such. There's pretty much nothing in that video that was part of the latest Madden game. I am personally most excited about the swing-pass/ running out of bounds fix and such type of break-out of animations thing, as that and the 'play-action = automatic sack' problem are my biggest pet peeves by far. Well, someday I'd like them to realize that in football we have strong and weak side linebackers, not left and right linebackers, or strong and free safeties, not left or right safeties (goodness I would just like the defense to line up right out of the huddle rather than me having to flip the play . . . ), or that receivers can line up outside the numbers on the wide side of the field in real life (in EA football games, formations are always the same no matter what hash the ball is on, and this is just wrong, and really hurts the ability to spread the field. . . 'don't get me started, if it's not one thing it's another. . . . ').


But, all that said, it is looking like the third year will be the charm for this and for NCAA. Someday it would be nice to have online leagues possible complete with injuries and trades, etc., but whatever.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,602 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppo /forum/post/0


Personally, I think they go a little too far with some of their 'fair play' ideas (like, no weather online? No wind? Injuries 'off' for ranked games? BS all IMHO), but that's their thinking and you can't win that argument by claiming that calls the game thinks are right are actually bad calls, even if they are.

So those things are unfair but the fact that getting a first down is actually EASIER on 4th down than it is on downs 1-3 isn't? Yeah EA whatever you say. Those guys are so full of you know what. And this is not just me talking out the side of my head. Me and a friend actually "tested" it. We call the exact same plays and on 4th down it was actually easier to get the first. But that's "fair". Ok sure. Madden 08 stays on the shelf for me.


O7 cost me 10 bucks and some trade ins. 06 I didn't even bother with and yet I still feel completely robbed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,865 Posts
Anything to make madden better is good for me. I buy it every year. I like to play online. It is the only game in town if you want to play online. 2k had some good ideas, but was clunky compared to madden. I liked how the team had an identity though. Steelers ran more, colts throw more. But I didn't think it was close to madden in play or looks.
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top