AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking to buy a 58 inch plasma to upgrade a 3 year old sharp LCD. Was not too impressed with either a V10 panasonic or an 860 samsung. Then I watched the superbowl at a friends who has a 4 year old pioneer elite 60inch plasma. OMG!!! Now I can't go back to anything else. What really gets me is how cheap the 151's were going for at BB and Ultimate when they closed them out last fall. Now the only product I can buy from a Pioneer authorized dealer is a 6020 pioneer kuro off the BB website. I really want an elite but can only find them at non-dealer websites at double the cost they were going for. Any thoughts on this one? I did get to see a 6020 demo at ultimate and it looked really good. The color was a little saturated for my taste but still the best looking TV I have ever seen.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Do not i mean DO NOT hesitate and jump on it now while you can.I have the 500m and its amazing.

Do a search here on the forum for the 6020 and you'll get all your answers.

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
the 6020 would be way ahead of a 4 year old 60" elite.

if you can't find a Pro141, Pro151 or 600M get the 6020 and get it calibrated by a good tech and you'll be very happy with a great display.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I've had my Elite 141FD for about 30 days now and it's truly amazing. I had a 57" Pioneer Elite 1009W Rear Projection for about 6 years prior but now i'm totally in a whole new world of sight. I will have my new Oppo BDP-83 Blu-Ray player delivered on Friday and i'm anxiously awaiting to view some blu-ray movies. I may never leave my theater room. If you still want one, you'll have to search far and wide now because they are becoming very, very, very, very hard to get!!! Definitely watch out for the ebay, craigslist scammers though and try to find a actual brick and mortar store like BB or similar to deal with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.