I don't know bout the 7K price range though

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Infinity

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
If Canada is close enough, try some PSB speakers. I use some of the Stratus series.. www.psbspeakers.com

Good luck.

- Chip

·
Registered
386 Posts
JBL's

I use the JBL Studio monitors and they are fantastic. More recording studios use JBL than any other speaker. I think Lucasfilm uses them for mixing soundtracks for their DVD's.

Glenn

·
Registered
366 Posts
Mirage speakers are made in Canada. Not quite US but they do take US currency there :) :p

·
Premium Member
5,900 Posts
The whole "made in U.S.A." thing is not black and white. Many American speaker companies do "assembly" rather than full production, and they source drivers from China, Brazil, etc., crossovers from Tecate in Mexico, and cabinets made for them, usually in the United States. The companies that build everything in-house are extremely rare, and it doesn't guarantee high quality, necessarily. At Triad, we build everything in Oregon, all except our drivers, which are almost all imported from Northern Europe...Vifa, Seas, Peerless, and scan-speak. If we could buy better drivers here, we would. We're not buying these brands because they're cheap...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.