Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok finally did it....

Ordered on Monday, web says it shipped today; Tuesday. I'll let you guys know.

They honored a 5% off from couponmountain.com and the 15% off Small Business* promotion and free shipping. I ordered on the web then called the rep, she indicated the PDP-503CMX would ship with the 5002 card as an additional promotion.

I'll keep ya posted.

*Sales Tax: $312.83

Shipping and/or Handling: $0.00

Total Order Amount: $5,899.08

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Congratulations.

Please post pictures when you can.

What's the rest of your HT like?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Congrats....and how did you do that? :)

I ordered a Pio503 from Dell on Friday, status still says inProduction.

What number did you call to get hold of a CSR in SB? I got bounced around a couple of times for 20 minutes and decided to finally hang up yesterday.

congrats again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
iqwertyi: I will post some pics when I get it all set up. Should be unique, I plan on mounting it into a stone wall above a fireplace in the living room. The wall is ~15' HIGH so it should visually stunning.

The other theater is in the basement.... dedicated 18'x24' room with stadium seating and 108' greyhawk, Sony LCD PJ, outlaw receiver, HT level III system, dedicated HTPC, fabric up the walls, black acoustic ceiling, and so on.... All built with the help of the other areas of this forum. The 50'' is primarily going to be for sports and cnn, you know general viewing when you don't want to fire up the whole theater.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PeterM1....

Thanks. How'd I do that??? UHHHH Dumb luck? No seriously I just called the SB number 2-3 times and hung on for 15-20 min each time, got hung up on once and sent to someones voice mail once but just kept at it.

I have seen many folks who get frustrated but I try to remember what I am calling about..... I AM BUYING A $7000 tv .... and put that into perspective and consider myself lucky to be in a position that I can afford to do something like this. That usually keeps me calm and happy ;-)

·
Registered
30 Posts
rej,

you're right. When it comes to buying equipment of this price range, you have to be diligent and persistent. That seems to be the way folks get the best deals from Dell.

I've been tossing this purchase around in my head for a few weeks now and whenever I think I'm ready, I don't seem to go through with it.

Anyhow, I'm glad to hear that persistence paid off for you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It will be here by noon..... I'll post an update on if the card & extended warranty made it as well as if it's a DOA or not.

Oh and WWOOOOHHOOOOO

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.