AVS Forum banner

4001 - 4020 of 6078 Posts

·
Registered
17,297 Posts
Ouch. Those numbers make me wince just looking at them.

Any chance I could get a new capture on it?

- Trip

·
Premium Member
9,094 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip in VA /forum/post/16110406

Any chance I could get a new capture on it?

Yep, I have the html file. I just have to get it e-mailed to you.

The first one that I did I had the EIT set and noticed that their guide was wrong. It was off by an hour. Daylight Saving Time has not been accounted for.

I just noticed that your ranking places Madison 146th? That is way low.

I need to get you a new WHA file as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know this is off topic, but I am curious about something. I am looking into getting either Dish Network or DirecTV. Dish Network is cheaper for me, but their local network finder shows that they don't carry the Madison ABC affiliate in HD. Is this a misprint, and if it isn't, is it going to be added anytime soon?

·
Registered
132 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrokn /forum/post/16114888

I know this is off topic, but I am curious about something. I am looking into getting either Dish Network or DirecTV. Dish Network is cheaper for me, but their local network finder shows that they don't carry the Madison ABC affiliate in HD. Is this a misprint, and if it isn't, is it going to be added anytime soon?

It's not a misprint. Dish has lagged behind DirecTV in adding Madison local HD channels. Dish didn't have CBS HD, either, until a week or two ago. DirecTV had a big head start, launching local HD in 2006. Dish Network didn't get around to it until last October, and they've been slowly adding local channels.

So, there's no telling when Dish will get WKOW-DT (ABC HD), but since Channel 27's the last holdout, hopefully the two parties can reach a deal soon.

You might be better off using an antenna anyway since you can get several other stations that Dish doesn't carry, such as WHA-DT (PBS) and its digital subchannels; WBUW-DT (the CW); "My Madison 14" (WISC-DT2), which offers some local sports like Badger hockey, Big East football & basketball -- and is carried by DirecTV; WKOW's 2 retro television digital subchannels (RTN and ThisTV), WMTV-DT2 (weather), etc.

Just know that if you use an antenna wish Dish but need program guide for your DVR, well, you still need to pay the local channel fee. Even if you don't have the 2nd dish you need to get the Madison HD locals.

I'm not a big Dish fan -- I like DirecTV better -- but several of my co-workers have Dish and are quite happy. They just have to deal with some extra hassles, like when Dish added the HD locals, but put them on a new satellite that required existing customers get a new dish, that Dish tries to charge and arm and a leg to come out and install. You just have to threaten to cancel and then you get to talk to someone who will hook you up with the free dish.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Unfortunately, OTA is not an option for me. I don't know if yo uare familiar with Platteville, WI, but it is technically impossible to get anything over the air here. We are more than 70 miles from the nearest transmission towers. Its a pain in the ass, because it means anyone here who wants to watch any TV has to subscribe to something. Satellite is the best option for HD here, because the cable company only offers 10 channels for and extra 15 dollars a month, and I was told I had to get DVRs to even watch the HD channels. So, I think I'll be going with DirecTV then.

·
Registered
59 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrokn /forum/post/16119929

... because the cable company only offers 10 channels for and extra 15 dollars a month, and I was told I had to get DVRs to even watch the HD channels.

Isn't Mediacom great!

I used to have them, I am SO glad to have Charter since we moved.

What does that say when a guy is GLAD to have Charter!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well these days it seems that Mediacom doesn't do much here. Centurytel is the cable company in Platteville now, and they are horrible. Their website is broken, and always informs me that the only option here is Basic Cable, yet when I call them or walk into their offices here, I am shown all sorts of cable packages, all of them very expensive. I am also tols something different almost everytime I visit.

DirecTV seems to be the best option for HD here. The local RadioShack offers it here, and the staff there seems incredibly knowledgeable, and I look forward to doing business with them come June.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanraff /forum/post/16127217

Isn't Mediacom great!

I used to have them, I am SO glad to have Charter since we moved.

What does that say when a guy is GLAD to have Charter!

well I have never had a problem with Charter, I get the 29.95 5meg internet specials all the time, they tell me to call back after the 6mo or 12 month specials are up and give me the same price again, I only have internet so it's perfect. I am in the janesville market.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonBurgundy /forum/post/16117208

It's not a misprint. Dish has lagged behind DirecTV in adding Madison local HD channels. Dish didn't have CBS HD, either, until a week or two ago. DirecTV had a big head start, launching local HD in 2006. Dish Network didn't get around to it until last October, and they've been slowly adding local channels.

So, there's no telling when Dish will get WKOW-DT (ABC HD), but since Channel 27's the last holdout, hopefully the two parties can reach a deal soon.

You might be better off using an antenna anyway since you can get several other stations that Dish doesn't carry, such as WHA-DT (PBS) and its digital subchannels; WBUW-DT (the CW); "My Madison 14" (WISC-DT2), which offers some local sports like Badger hockey, Big East football & basketball -- and is carried by DirecTV; WKOW's 2 retro television digital subchannels (RTN and ThisTV), WMTV-DT2 (weather), etc.

Just know that if you use an antenna wish Dish but need program guide for your DVR, well, you still need to pay the local channel fee. Even if you don't have the 2nd dish you need to get the Madison HD locals.

I'm not a big Dish fan -- I like DirecTV better -- but several of my co-workers have Dish and are quite happy. They just have to deal with some extra hassles, like when Dish added the HD locals, but put them on a new satellite that required existing customers get a new dish, that Dish tries to charge and arm and a leg to come out and install. You just have to threaten to cancel and then you get to talk to someone who will hook you up with the free dish.

Over at satelliteguys I heard that Dish gets a direct feed without the multicasting via OTA, hopefully when Dish gets WKOW it will be the same, WISC-3 DT actually looks decent on Dish.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hope this is the correct forum....

I have Charter and recently switched a Moxi for the newer moto from Charter. Since the change I have audio drop outs on all my hd channels. I have the box connected via optical.

I'm wondering if this is a Charter issue or a box issue? Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

·
Registered
2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrokn /forum/post/16119929

Unfortunately, OTA is not an option for me. I don't know if yo uare familiar with Platteville, WI, but it is technically impossible to get anything over the air here. We are more than 70 miles from the nearest transmission towers. Its a pain in the ass, because it means anyone here who wants to watch any TV has to subscribe to something. Satellite is the best option for HD here, because the cable company only offers 10 channels for and extra 15 dollars a month, and I was told I had to get DVRs to even watch the HD channels. So, I think I'll be going with DirecTV then.

There always Channel 40 from dubuque!

Oh and P.S, i know im gonna get flamed for saying this but i prefer a crappy hd 27.1 with 27.2 and .3 rather than a stunning 27.1, i to cheep for cable/satelite and ill take any channel the throw at me.

·
Premium Member
9,094 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toas1isg00d /forum/post/16192750

Oh and P.S, i know im gonna get flamed for saying this but i prefer a crappy hd 27.1 with 27.2 and .3 rather than a stunning 27.1, i to cheep for cable/satelite and ill take any channel the throw at me.

Then consider yourself duly torched

I do not have cable/DBS either and do not, and will not, watch those digital channels. If I want to see any of those old shows, I'll get the DVDs. Much better quality and not hacked for today's shorter program hour.

·
Premium Member
9,094 Posts
Now I know there are idiots running Fox. To let AI run over and push back Fringe was a stupid frakkin' mistake. A crapload of people will have missed, including me, the end of tonight's episode because their capture device stopped capturing at the normal time.

Call Fox network in LA (310-369-1000) and let them know you are pissed at what they did and ask that they repeat the episode immediately, that is, before next Tuesday, or push back all of the episodes and repeat it next Tuesday, without a damn AI overrun.

·
Premium Member
9,094 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvideo /forum/post/16220426

Call Fox network in LA (310-369-1000) and let them know you are pissed.

Fox is too afraid to let a real human take viewer complaints. You get sent to a voicemail system to leave a comment. I most certainly did.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I know this might have been asked a million times, although I did do a search so it can't be a million cause I didn't find anything for sure, but when is FOX 47 moving to 49 UHF for its HDTV broadcasts? Or are they already there? I looked at there website, and either their info is out dated or they are still at 11 VHF.

Thanks peeps,

mrvideo's wanybe child.

·
Premium Member
9,094 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRR /forum/post/16229001

I know this might have been asked a million times, although I did do a search so it can't be a million cause I didn't find anything for sure, but when is FOX 47 moving to 49 UHF for its HDTV broadcasts? Or are they already there? I looked at there website, and either their info is out dated or they are still at 11 VHF.

Still at 11. No word yet from Mattymo as to when it will happen. Can't happen until after June 12, as the analog tranmitter will be running until then. Mostly it can't happen until the weather is better AND and crew can be booked.

I'm sure that Mattymo will let us know as soon as they know.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Are there any antenna installers in the area? I have a friend from Friendship, WI that is looking for an installer. Any leads to give her?

·
Registered
1,927 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvideo /forum/post/16229120

Still at 11. No word yet from Mattymo as to when it will happen. Can't happen until after June 12, as the analog tranmitter will be running until then. Mostly it can't happen until the weather is better AND and crew can be booked.

I'm sure that Mattymo will let us know as soon as they know.

Thanks!

4001 - 4020 of 6078 Posts