AVS Forum banner

6081 - 6100 of 6110 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looks like channel 23 switched some things around, Spanish language Azteca America is on 23.1, looks like they're broadcasting in 720p. 3ABN moved to 23.5 and business network Cheddar is on 23.6, happy to see an option for the Spanish speaking community in town, also appreciate the addition of Cheddar to the airwaves, even if it does look rather bit-starved. They may not be the prettiest streams but I am a big fan of more free variety in the market!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yay! After over a year without WISC-3, I finally have a watchable signal again. Thank you FCC for allowing the power increase! I’ll try not to complain anymore ‘til the next time I lose TV channel access.

I spoke too soon, my signal is pixelating again.

·
Premium Member
9,508 Posts
Sigh! A rescan is only required if you weren't getting Ch 3 on the changed frequency. If you managed to get a rescan to tune in the new frequency, you are set.

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Sigh! A rescan is only required if you weren't getting Ch 3 on the changed frequency. If you managed to get a rescan to tune in the new frequency, you are set.
Correct, but a number of people couldn't get it. Including some vocal ones on this board...

·
Premium Member
9,508 Posts
Correct, but a number of people couldn't get it. Including some vocal ones on this board...
And I wrote that in my posting.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I’m thankful to have WISC-3 finally back on my channel list. I’m also still more than a little upset I lost their signal for over a year. I hope they’re enjoying that $48,929,182 while a lot of us went without a CBS signal.
And had to buy new antennas because of their switch from UHF to VHF.

·
Premium Member
1,717 Posts
I’m thankful to have WISC-3 finally back on my channel list. I’m also still more than a little upset I lost their signal for over a year. I hope they’re enjoying that $48,929,182 while a lot of us went without a CBS signal.
And had to buy new antennas because of their switch from UHF to VHF.
Don't you mean they went back to VHF, because until the initial re-pack Channel 3 was always low VHF, at least it was when we were receiving it in the 60s. ;-) Mom and Dad had a separate VHF antenna pointed at Madison just to get WISC in central Green County.

Reactions: sebenste

·
Premium Member
9,508 Posts

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Locast.org now has the Madison, WI television market stations. It has the full power stations, almost all of the subchannels, and some low power stations as well.

6081 - 6100 of 6110 Posts