AVS Forum banner

5441 - 5458 of 5458 Posts

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
sorry i can't i use like 5k and my display is absolutely stable so i can use as much as i want.
i would first check the red color manual is that red 100 %?

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
looks like it could be that the device is simple not capable of doing this color so just take it as it is.
i would try a test chart with more neutral "single channel patches per channel" and see if something changes.

·
Registered
146 Posts
When I make a lut3d BT2020 with displaycal and I use it in madvr it only shows colors in Rec 709.
It seems that madvr refuses to show BT2020 even if you tell it that the screen is calibrated in BT2020.
It only shows native screen colors if you turn off all calibration.
I have de-installed madvr but nothing changes, what is happening?

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Any difference between the i1Display Pro and the i1Display Pro Plus except the latter can accommodate up to 2,000 nits?

·
Registered
JVC NX5 at 140", Denon X4200W (5.1.2) with Axiom Audio speakers + Bass Shakers
2,669 Posts
Any difference between the i1Display Pro and the i1Display Pro Plus except the latter can accommodate up to 2,000 nits?
Not really, and some late Pros were already Pluses.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Thank you SirMaster
This is the info from X-Rite:

New Extended Luminance Range Upgrade for i1Display PRO OEM Rev.B (2017/2018/2019/2020 Manufactured) Only!

X-Rite i1Display PRO OEM Rev.B colorimeters (not the Retail); manufactured from January 2017 (or later); they are coming with an extended dynamic range hardware upgrade which X-Rite certifies that can measure up to 2000 nits.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Someone has to send one to the ArgyIICMS developer and I am pretty sure he would add it.
Your confidence is misplaced. Adding (native) i1Pro3 support is non-trival (6-8 months of full time work), so while having an instrument is necessary, it is not sufficient.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Your confidence is misplaced. Adding (native) i1Pro3 support is non-trival (6-8 months of full time work), so while having an instrument is necessary, it is not sufficient.
Oh wow, I didn't think it would be that much.

I guess if you are reverse engineering it since you aren't using the SDK because that's the entire point of the third party driver.

Its great that you have plans. In a couple years I fear all the i1 Pro 2 second hand stock will dry up and the meters will start to show their age in which case people will be looking to get i1 Pro 3.

Thanks for all your hard work!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Does anyone know how I can download the beta for ArgyllCMS? I need it for the MacBook m1 so it can find the displays/monitors when I'm running DisplayCal

5441 - 5458 of 5458 Posts