15 Posts
- JVC RS600
- Calibrated for R709/BT2020
- 142" Dalite 2.8 High Power screen 16:9 + velvet masks for scope content
- HT room is all velvet, walls, ceiling + black carpets
- Projector is 17' from the screen
- GPU - Nvidia GTX 1080Ti
- MadVR is awesome!

I use gtx 1080ti Can you give me Madvrsetting.bin ??

·
Premium Member
3,812 Posts
color tweaks is no longer required
What exactly do you mean ?

I read this as you should use color tweaks unless you use Don't Desaturate....

Is the setting 'color tweaks for fire & explosions' even really required now after all the improvements that have been made?
I would say yes, unless you are using the "don't desaturate" option.

Reactions: jorisdriesen

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Anyone have setting for JVC NX5 ??

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
There is no settings specific for a projector model, not even with an exact replica of all variables like screen type, size, gain, distance, projector, iris settings, etc, etc, as there is a preference side involved. As such, other users settings are more like an example, that should be comprehended and fine tuned according to each user gear/environment, and personal taste.

·
Registered
400 Posts
- JVC RS600
- Calibrated for R709/BT2020
- 142" Dalite 2.8 High Power screen 16:9 + velvet masks for scope content
- HT room is all velvet, walls, ceiling + black carpets
- Projector is 17' from the screen
- GPU - Nvidia GTX 1080Ti
- MadVR is awesome!

Hi Zombie, what do the settings in the JVC look like with these MADVR settigns? Gamma, picture mode, etc.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi FOlks, I have an Epson TW9400 (same as the 6050 i believe).

When I click (in MadVR) tone map HDR using pixel shaders - I don't get any of the options you are all posting. Where am I going wrong? I am using version 0.92.17

Thank you.

I'm not too sure what settings to put in for my projector. At the moment I am just doing passthrough.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Hi FOlks, I have an Epson TW9400 (same as the 6050 i believe).

When I click (in MadVR) tone map HDR using pixel shaders - I don't get any of the options you are all posting. Where am I going wrong? I am using version 0.92.17

Thank you.

I'm not too sure what settings to put in for my projector. At the moment I am just doing passthrough.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-digital-hi-end-projectors-3-000-usd-msrp/2954506-improving-madvr-hdr-sdr-mapping-projector-286.html#post59127786
Set the gamma afterwards:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=223175&page=37

Note that are no universal settings, you have to learn what everything does and choose what is best for your and your setup:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=259188

·
Registered
10 Posts

THank you. Just to check, if I download this new madvr and copy it into my madvr folder, will it delete all my settings?

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
Subscribing to this thread, hope it keeps going.

Reactions: neo_2009

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I'm trying to set up my Epson 5050 for tone mapping, so do I just make an HDR profile, and use the settings that members are posting in their HDR profile? How about all the other MadVR settings? Do they need to be adjusted? The 6050 settings would be the closest to my 5050.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
337 Posts
I'm trying to set up my Epson 5050 for tone mapping, so do I just make an HDR profile, and use the settings that members are posting in their HDR profile? How about all the other MadVR settings? Do they need to be adjusted? The 6050 settings would be the closest to my 5050.

I’m on a JVC so I can’t tell you exactly what things are called, but you want to have the wide color filter on, and all other settings as if you’re displaying SDR video (I.e 2.4 gamma, 6500k color temp). MadVR mapping works best for most people when doing HDR->SDR mapping, which retains the HDR output, but maps it to a traditional gamma curve for greater precision in the mapping process.

Assuming your graphics card can handle it, the only other setting you need to set in MadVR is the display calibration (should be BT2020 and match whatever gamma you’ve set on the projector (in my case I use 2.4)

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I'm trying to set up my Epson 5050 for tone mapping ...
You really need to spend some time to fully understand how to set up madVR.
This is an excellent resource: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=259188

Regarding the HDR settings, you can use someone's settings as a template, but only if your environment is similar, like screen size, type (gain, etc), is the room blacked out and how (paint, velvet, etc), etc.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
You really need to spend some time to fully understand how to set up madVR.

This is an excellent resource: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=259188

Regarding the HDR settings, you can use someone's settings as a template, but only if your environment is similar, like screen size, type (gain, etc), is the room blacked out and how (paint, velvet, etc), etc.
I've read through that a few times. I'm just confused because I'm not sure if I'm supposed to do everything in that guide, or if they are just suggestions. I'm using the DSPlayer Better GUI build, and I think I updated MadVR to build 113, because some of my options are different than what the guide shows, and some of my options are grayed out, and they aren't in the guide. I downloaded the 113 zip, and unzipped it into the MadVR folder, and it asked me if I wanted to overwrite some files. I clicked yes, so am I now updated to build 113? Also, when setting up profiles, how do I know it's actually being used when I play a movie? Do I need to do what's shown in the screenshot from the guide, as far as setting up profiles for different resolutions and frame rates?

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I’m on a JVC so I can’t tell you exactly what things are called, but you want to have the wide color filter on, and all other settings as if you’re displaying SDR video (I.e 2.4 gamma, 6500k color temp). MadVR mapping works best for most people when doing HDR->SDR mapping, which retains the HDR output, but maps it to a traditional gamma curve for greater precision in the mapping process.

Assuming your graphics card can handle it, the only other setting you need to set in MadVR is the display calibration (should be BT2020 and match whatever gamma you’ve set on the projector (in my case I use 2.4)
I'm using an RTX2060 Super. How do we tell if the HDR has actually kicked in, if we have it set to do HDR to SDR? Normally I could tell because my 5050 would let me use the HDR slider, but it doesn't when set to do HDR to SDR.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I'm using an RTX2060 Super. How do we tell if the HDR has actually kicked in, if we have it set to do HDR to SDR? Normally I could tell because my 5050 would let me use the HDR slider, but it doesn't when set to do HDR to SDR.

The whole idea of the HDR->SDR mapping system is that the projector doesn't know it's displaying HDR, because MadVR is handling the mapping as it does a better job. The downside is, if you're someone who likes have the slider to adjust on a per-movie basis, that slider won't work. You should see an obvious visual difference between properly setup HDR and SDR. Find a frame in a movie with bright specular highlights against a dark backdrop (I use the initial sandstorm scene in the Martian, or any of the night scenes in Arrival).

If you prefer to tweak with the slider, you can try checking "output HDR," and configure the projector like you would with any HDR source. The problem there is, you're then tone mapping the image twice, which may do more harm than good. My advice is find a scene with obvious specular highlighting, and play with the HDR->SDR mapping. If it's working well, you'll know ;)

·
Registered
160 Posts
The whole idea of the HDR->SDR mapping system is that the projector doesn't know it's displaying HDR, because MadVR is handling the mapping as it does a better job.
Because madVR does a better job not only for projectors but also for midrange TV's and monitors, going that way HDR to SDR mapping will save me the cost of HDR displays.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts

I have a 5050 with the bulb on medium

41 - 60 of 63 Posts