AVS Forum banner

3421 - 3440 of 3486 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
I know that “tone map HDR using pixel shaders”, can raise render times alot, if you were using HDR pass through before. Just guessing. You must have changed something. madVR is very difficult and touchy to dial in until you have a feeling which options are GPU intensive. It has taken me a lot of time to rap my head around all this (lol). Every time you change settings it's a must to test and be prepared to back track when render times become too high. That's why I would suggest buying the best GPU you can for madVR. I'm looking forward to a 3080 someday.
No it’s not that, I don’t know what happened but ever since a fuse blew in my house it’s been strange. I think it’s the Radeon app causing problems now. I tried to watch Netflix on edge and no that won’t work. I get audio but not video I hate PCs sometimes

·
Registered
618 Posts
No it’s not that, I don’t know what happened but ever since a fuse blew in my house it’s been strange. I think it’s the Radeon app causing problems now. I tried to watch Netflix on edge and no that won’t work. I get audio but not video I hate PCs sometimes
I totally understand your frustration. PC's can be very challenging.

·
Registered
JVC RS4500 | ST130 G4 135" | MRX 720 | MC303 MC152 | 6.1.4: B&W 802D3, 805D3, 702S2 | 4x15 IB Subs
9,067 Posts
Ok I don’t know what happened. I watched a movie earlier today and everything was great. Played the same movie tonight and my rendering times are through the roof.
Your average render times are only 36.98ms, under the necessary 41.66 ms. I see a high average, and some dropped frames, but in the screen shot you provided, the average render is ok. Is something else running in the background interrupting the task?

Also, you have double and double again selected for your upscaler you might have better render times using a direct quadruple.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm wondering if there's anyone with a madVR projector setup that can share their dynamic tone mapping settings? There's quite a few settings to tweak so I figure I can copy someones settings that they're happy with and adjust further from there if needed. 😅

1602287934088.png

·
Premium Member
3,944 Posts
I'm wondering if there's anyone with a madVR projector setup that can share their dynamic tone mapping settings? There's quite a few settings to tweak so I figure I can copy someones settings that they're happy with and adjust further from there if needed. 😅

View attachment 3044948

·
Registered
93 Posts
Doh! I feel like a blind bat for not noticing that thread already, thanks for pointing it out!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I am looking for some help. I really tried to fix on my own, but I am stuck. I am having repeated frames after I changed my playback system.

Before, I had a system with AMD Radeon graphics output. It was connected to my TV (single monitor). All I had to do was insert "1080p23, 1080p24, 1080p50, 1080p59, 1080p60" in display modes and all movies with 23.976, 24, 50, 29.970 etc. just played fine without any frame drops/repeat.

Now, I had to change my system to NVIDIA GTX 980Ti Output. The TV is connected as secondary monitor.

The TV is the same, the cables are the same, the videofiles are the same, all the configuration is the same. Just the the playback device changed.

I use MPC-HC and it is configured to display directly on the secondary monitor. Video is "LAV Video Decoder" and Audio "ffdshow audio decoder" to make use of "AC3 (S/PDIF encode mode)" to have 5.1 AC3 Audio Passthrough with a S/PDIF connected cable. (my first setup was configured the same)

Now, I have repeated frames every 12 minutes when I playback 23.976fps movies, which is of course noticable and distracting

OSD Screenshot after ~15 minutes playback

I have followed this tutorial: madVR Custom Mode Tutorial

And get the following optimized pixel clock modes

As soon I Test mode, I get the "The GPU driver rejected mode, for unknown reasons". error
I have read comments that this is a "NVIDIA driver bug".

I don't know where to look at. Is it because of the audio encoding? How the synchronization is done and how I can avoid that? Is it something in the driver setting, since this is "the obvious part which got replaced"?
When I playback 24fps movies, all is fine. there are "droped frames in 10 hours, sometimes days", so I don't have an issue here. Why at 23.976fps? :(

OS and drivers are latest: Windows 2004 Build 19041.546, NVIDIA 456.71 DCH

·
Registered
172 Posts
Your average render times are only 36.98ms, under the necessary 41.66 ms. I see a high average, and some dropped frames, but in the screen shot you provided, the average render is ok. Is something else running in the background interrupting the task?

Also, you have double and double again selected for your upscaler you might have better render times using a direct quadruple.
I’m taking about the rendering time at the bottom. It’s in the 200+ ms. On day it’s fine next day it’s not

·
Registered
JVC RS4500 | ST130 G4 135" | MRX 720 | MC303 MC152 | 6.1.4: B&W 802D3, 805D3, 702S2 | 4x15 IB Subs
9,067 Posts
I’m taking about the rendering time at the bottom. It’s in the 200+ ms. On day it’s fine next day it’s not
Yea, the screen you posted just now looks completely different than the one you posted earlier. You need to tame down some of your HDR settings your GPU cant handle it.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Yea, the screen you posted just now looks completely different than the one you posted earlier. You need to tame down some of your HDR settings your GPU cant handle it.
But I haven’t changed anything in madvr, these setting have always worked for me. And I’ve tried turning everything down and it does the same thing.

·
Registered
9,067 Posts
But I haven’t changed anything in madvr, these setting have always worked for me. And I’ve tried turning everything down and it does the same thing.
As I said in the other thread, your upload queue isn't being filled, it seems like your media isn't being read off disk fast enough. Are you on a network maybe wifi? If its wired, perhaps it's down shifted itself to 10/100 from gigabit.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
I'm working on getting the professional calibrator back to do another calibration on my Epson 5050, since I now have MadVR. Is there anything I should tell him about how to calibrate the 5050 with MadVR?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm working on getting the professional calibrator back to do another calibration on my Epson 5050, since I now have MadVR. Is there anything I should tell him about how to calibrate the 5050 with MadVR?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
i have two profiles in my tw9400 for madvr. sdr natural. dci p3 in sdr. also done by a profcalibrateur.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn OnePlus 7T Pro met Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Not sure if this has anything to do with madvr, but I'm trying to figure out a problem I have when comparing color clipping between my ub900 and my pc running mpc-hc and madvr. Here's the backdrop. I've always calibrated my projector using the AVS709 patterns on a usb through my player. I've since wanted to try and use my pc to speed up the process, since I need a PC to run HCFR anyway. I'm using a NUC8i3beh. I have the PC connected to the AUX input on my AVR so I can switch between the same pattern on my pc vs the player. The pattern in question on the AVS709 is the color clipping pattern. When I play the pattern from the player, I can see flashing bars up to 235 as I should (barely can see 234) for all 3 RGB. When I switch to the PC, red and green flash up to 235 but blue is 221 or 223. I'm using the default color profile, and I don't see any color adjustments in both windows or the intel graphics settings. I know there are some color space conversions, but not sure why only blue is being affected. I have the PC forced to full range, and have the projector input and madvr output set to limited range. Another interesting tidbit is if I play the color clipping pattern using the Windows & TV app, it works correctly (when I change my projector back to auto/full range). Any thoughts on what could be going on? I can just adjust the blue saturation on the computer, but it doesn't make sense to me why only blue is affected. Thoughts? Any input is appreciated.

·
Registered
55 Posts
madVR problem with Windows 10 Feature Update 2004:
  • 3D MVC playback is broken while in full screen
  • Tested with AMD GPU
  • Plays fine in window
  • Plays fine with e.g. MPC-BE "Fly Bar" locked on screen, or some other OSD visible; breaks when OSD is hidden again
  • Left eye freezes, right eye continues to play which is nauseating and totally unwatchable
  • Can repeat issue with MPC-BE and JRiver Media Center players
  • Settings under madVR General section don't have an impact on behavior
  • Other users claim PowerDVD is working fine with FE 2004 installed
  • Rolling back to Windows 10 FE 1909 resolves the issue
Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Not sure if this has anything to do with madvr, but I'm trying to figure out a problem I have when comparing color clipping between my ub900 and my pc running mpc-hc and madvr. Here's the backdrop. I've always calibrated my projector using the AVS709 patterns on a usb through my player. I've since wanted to try and use my pc to speed up the process, since I need a PC to run HCFR anyway. I'm using a NUC8i3beh. I have the PC connected to the AUX input on my AVR so I can switch between the same pattern on my pc vs the player. The pattern in question on the AVS709 is the color clipping pattern. When I play the pattern from the player, I can see flashing bars up to 235 as I should (barely can see 234) for all 3 RGB. When I switch to the PC, red and green flash up to 235 but blue is 221 or 223. I'm using the default color profile, and I don't see any color adjustments in both windows or the intel graphics settings. I know there are some color space conversions, but not sure why only blue is being affected. I have the PC forced to full range, and have the projector input and madvr output set to limited range. Another interesting tidbit is if I play the color clipping pattern using the Windows & TV app, it works correctly (when I change my projector back to auto/full range). Any thoughts on what could be going on? I can just adjust the blue saturation on the computer, but it doesn't make sense to me why only blue is affected. Thoughts? Any input is appreciated.
does auto and madVR full range GPU full range works? if yes keep that.

·
Registered
188 Posts

View attachment 3044948
That screen looks familiar. I'm in the same boat not knowing what to do with it. Just upgraded from an X30 to an X790, and and I'm having difficulty getting acceptable results with HTPC UHD/HDR content from MPC-BE and MadVR.

Any help with basic settings to get started would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
That screen looks familiar. I'm in the same boat not knowing what to do with it. Just upgraded from an X30 to an X790, and and I'm having difficulty getting acceptable results with HTPC UHD/HDR content from MPC-BE and MadVR.

Any help with basic settings to get started would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
552 Posts
I posted this in the HDR-SDR thread, but was asked to post it here. Long story short ... I upgraded my HTPC with an EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra and I can only get MPC-BE (1.5.5.5433) with its internal filters to convert HDR properly.

If I use anything with LAV filters such as MPC-HC or Kodi DSplayer I get extreme blown highlights when in Fullscreen windowed and FSE. However, it’s fine when windowed. This is with the older internal LAV filters and newer 0.74.1 via external.

The attached pictures show the (1] excess highlights (not sure if this is the correct term) when fullscreen and (2) correction to normal when windowed (and what it looks like with correct conversion using MPC-BE’s internal filters when in fullscreen windowed or FSE).

This happens with MPC-BE as well when I use LAV External with 0.74.1. However, its fine with the included internal filters. This occurs with 456.38 and 456.71 drivers. I’ve also tried 8 and 10 bit, and RGB & YCbCr.

I also just reinstalled Windows 10 this past weekend and tested MadVR before installing any other program. Same results as when I noticed this a couple of weeks ago.

So for now, I'm just using MPC-BE via Kodi's external player.

3421 - 3440 of 3486 Posts