1021 - 1040 of 3034 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Many thanks...

DS Player can't play iso archives, right ?
What about DVD Menus ?

Mediaportal... never tried that one... can it play DVD iso with Menu ?

Sky

·
Registered
90 Posts
Enjoy...
Download the addons moving pictures, tv Series, imdb, Subtitels, Trailers etc,

Edit: it has to be Mediaportal 1, because Mediaportal 2 does Not Support madVR...

·
Registered
91 Posts
After upgrading to 1060 GPU about 3 days ago, during 4K UHD playback, I had issues with dropped/ repeated frames in 4~5 minutes intervals which was very much visible and annoying.The composition rate was 23,980Hz at that time. I tried some troubleshooting for a couple of days without any luck. After reading a post somewhere here on AVS, I removed display modes 23Hz, 29Hz and 59Hz from madVR display mode setting. After that the composition rate became 24,000Hz and the playback was very smooth without any stutter or picture jump etc. I checked the madVR OSD and found out that still there was a huge amount of dropped/ repeated frames and the frame repeat time is even way shorter that before (41.71 seconds). Even with these stats, the payback was perfectly fine without any visible issues. I tried several discs and watched "Captain Marvel" all the way to the end, and had zero issues. Just wondering what is happening here. Are these stats showing in madvR OSD for reference only? Thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
JVC RS4500 | ST130 G4 135" | MRX 720 | MC303 MC152 | B&W 802D3, HTM1D3, 805D3, 702S2 | 4x15 IB Subs
8,406 Posts
After upgrading to 1060 GPU about 3 days ago, during 4K UHD playback, I had issues with dropped/ repeated frames in 4~5 minutes intervals which was very much visible and annoying.The composition rate was 23,980Hz at that time. I tried some troubleshooting for a couple of days without any luck. After reading a post somewhere here on AVS, I removed display modes 23Hz, 29Hz and 59Hz from madVR display mode setting. After that the composition rate became 24,000Hz and the playback was very smooth without any stutter or picture jump etc. I checked the madVR OSD and found out that still there was a huge amount of dropped/ repeated frames and the frame repeat time is even way shorter that before (41.71 seconds). Even with these stats, the payback was perfectly fine without any visible issues. I tried several discs and watched "Captain Marvel" all the way to the end, and had zero issues. Just wondering what is happening here. Are these stats showing in madvR OSD for reference only? Thank you!
All those frames could have been dropped at the start of the movie when it was buffering or something. If things look good I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
JVC RS4500 | ST130 G4 135" | MRX 720 | MC303 MC152 | B&W 802D3, HTM1D3, 805D3, 702S2 | 4x15 IB Subs
8,406 Posts
Yes, but couldnt make Zoom work.
Can you be more specific about "couldn't make zoom work"? Perhaps paste your playercorefactory.xml here, your location of this file, and your path and location to zoom player zplayer.exe?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Thanks for your reply, markmon1. Actually it was you who suggested to another user here on AVS to remove display modes in madVR settings. Thank you so much, it worked for me.
All those frames could have been dropped at the start of the movie when it was buffering or something. If things look good I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
I don't know what happened but I can't get Fullscreen Exclusive working anymore, its stuck on windowed. I tried changing a bunch of different settings and even reset back to default. The option is enabled in rendering- exclusive mode

Windows 10
RTX 2080
MPC HC X64 & MPC BE X64

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
He's suggesting you use WFS, windowed full screen instead of FSE full screen exclusive as your OSD shows you are doing but don't want to. There should be no switching HDR mode back and forth using windowed. FSE isn't needed anymore even for 3D in my experience. That said, if I do use FSE, there is no in and out of HDR switching and I'm using Windows 1903. Most likely your drivers coupled with your GPU. Also, you're playing a 24FPS title at 60FPS. That might have something additional to do with it not to mention dropping frames every minute.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
He's suggesting you use WFS, windowed full screen instead of FSE full screen exclusive as your OSD shows you are doing but don't want to. There should be no switching HDR mode back and forth using windowed. FSE isn't needed anymore even for 3D in my experience. That said, if I do use FSE, there is no in and out of HDR switching and I'm using Windows 1903. Most likely your drivers coupled with your GPU. Also, you're playing a 24FPS title at 60FPS. That might have something additional to do with it not to mention dropping frames every minute.
The screenshot is from using my PC monitor instead of the TV. The TV is set to 23.976 but it has the same problem. I'll try reinstalling the gpu drivers and see if that helps any.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Does anyone know how does MadVR tone mapping compare to Lumagen? (Does Lumagen even do tone mapping?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
It does. And from what I have seen in person it does a great job...but at that price point it better.

Makes sense. I wish Envy would be a more accessible price point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I am hoping at least $1000-1500 less than the Lumagen. That's my sweet spot. But anything below that I will be very happy.
That is still too expenensive. Isnt a Lumagen about 7-8K anyhow?

·
Registered
213 Posts
I was recently watching Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle in 4K (please don't question the choice of movie ;) ). This is probably the 1st 4K movie that I am watching with Madvr (all the other content I have seen have been 1080P movies and 3D movies) on my JVC 540. The picture quality was great, but one thing that bothered me a lot was the jerky movement whenever the camera panned. The motion was not smooth at all. I have never seen this happen with non 4K content, so it must be a settings issue in my 4K profile. Please advise on what might be causing this issue and how do I go about fixing it?

1021 - 1040 of 3034 Posts