AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just recently started using mpc-hc with madVR (2 weeks ago) and have everything working pretty well with no frame drops etc...

I was a bit confused about color calibration and I have not much knowledge in this area.

I watch movies in a dedicated bat cave with no ambient lighting. So here is my setup with madVR:

1) I have a Panasonic PT-AE7000 projector. I use "CINEMA1" mode for normal 2D viewing and "NORMAL" mode for 3D content.

2) I setup my Nvida gt640 GPU to ouput full RGB (0-255) (Using registry hack tool)

3) I set madVR source level input to TV (auto select) (16-235) (Since I play mostly 1080p blurays)

4) I set madVR Output levels to PC (0-255)

5) I set my PT-AE7000 HDMI signal level to "EXPANDED" (Assuming this is 0-255)

6) Also my HDMI signal goes through an AV receiver (Yamaha RX v473) before reaching the projector. (Manual for receiver says it does Deep Color and x.v.Color) (So I'm assuming the full 0-255 goes untouched to the projector)

On using a calibration disc everything looks spot on using the straight out of the box projector Cinema1 mode. Only change was made to color and tint. I didn't even have to touch the brightness or contrast settings.

So to make sure I'm watching my movies in the most correct way.....my question is:

1) If everything works for me out of the box. What do I do in the madVR gamma settings. From reading forums pages on doom9 and here..do I set it to BT709 gamma power curve 2.2 and enable gamma processing to 2.4?

O do I leave everything disabled since my projector was not calibrated by me but looks correct out of the box.

Any help is appreciated...If I've setup my "flow" through madVR wrong let me know. Mostly if I need to enable gamma processing or not.

Also If i do need to enable gamma..do I recalibrate my black and whites after gamma is turned on in madVR?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts