AVS Forum banner

541 - 560 of 1220 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #541
Sorry guys, I'm too dumb to install this app. Is there some basic guide? I open the madMeasureDynamicClipping application and the window appears. I point to my video file as well as the MadVR installation folder, but whenever I click start it says "System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The system cannot find the file specified at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfostartInfo)" and so forth. What am I doing wrong?
Ok. A few questions:

1) Do you have a windows 64bits installation?
2) Did you try installing the programm install of running the standalone exe?
3) Can you post a screenshot of the path you are trying to use for madvr?
4) Can you post a screenshot of the path you are trying to use for your movie?
5) Do you have the latest beta of madVR installed 39 (38 would also work)
--> That's important since the correct madmeasureHDR process that our tool call in the madVR folder only exist in those betas.

:)

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Ok. A few questions:

1) Do you have a windows 64bits installation?
2) Did you try installing the programm install of running the standalone exe?
3) Can you post a screenshot of the path you are trying to use for madvr?
4) Can you post a screenshot of the path you are trying to use for your movie?
5) Do you have the latest beta of madVR installed 39 (38 would also work)
--> That's important since the correct madmeasureHDR process that our tool call in the madVR folder only exist in those betas.

:)
1. Yes (Windows 10 64-bit)
2. I have tried both
3. See below (I have also tried simply putting the MadVR folder in my documents folder)
4. See below (I initially tried a network SMB folder, but then tried this local drive and still have the issue)
5. I thought I was running the latest version (v0.92.17). I cannot for the life of me find any reference on the internet of a later MadVR version or beta

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #543
1. Yes (Windows 10 64-bit)
2. I have tried both
3. See below (I have also tried simply putting the MadVR folder in my documents folder)
4. See below (I initially tried a network SMB folder, but then tried this local drive and still have the issue)
5. I thought I was running the latest version (v0.92.17). I cannot for the life of me find any reference on the internet of a later MadVR version or beta

Thanks!
Ok. Then point 5) it is. :D

Here the link to the latest madVR Beta 39.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-digital-hi-end-projectors-3-000-usd-msrp/2954506-improving-madvr-hdr-sdr-mapping-projector-162.html#post57431150

Just copy the file over to the V0.92.17 folder. ;)

I did write it in the first post that you needed the madvr beta38 and upwards but I will now add the link as well. :D

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Ok. Then point 5) it is. :D

Here the link to the latest madVR Beta 39.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-digital-hi-end-projectors-3-000-usd-msrp/2954506-improving-madvr-hdr-sdr-mapping-projector-162.html#post57431150

Just copy the file over to the V0.92.17 folder. ;)

I did write it in the first post that you needed the madvr beta38 and upwards but I will now add the link as well. :D
OMG thank you. I was about to start pulling my hair out. Bizarrely, there's basically no mention of the madVR beta anywhere on the internet via google search. Thanks for adding it to the top post!

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
This application and I just do not get along. It crashes whenever I try to process a video (madMeasureDynamicClipping process 'not responding'). I tried a clean install of all the components with no luck. This is on 3.5.1. I'm not sure how to troubleshoot it further :-/

Attachments

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #547 (Edited)
This application and I just do not get along. It crashes whenever I try to process a video (madMeasureDynamicClipping process 'not responding'). I tried a clean install of all the components with no luck. This is on 3.5.1. I'm not sure how to troubleshoot it further :-/
Not responding does not mean crashing...
-->it means that it waits for an active process to finish before it can continue :D
-->and it also means that we did not have time yet to put the main window on a separate thread than the calculation process. :)

1)Is your gpu at 100? Is madmeasureHDR running in the background? Do you get the message to wait 20min until the measurement is created?
2) Did you set up lavfilter 32bits to d3d11 native for proper measurement decoding?

Screenshots always help. ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
How can I make a 100% full reset/clean installation of this application?

- I removed the app by the official uninstall method.
- I fully removed the "Apps" dir in Appdata/local (because I mentioned that it was installed in this map)
- I fully removed the "madMeasureDynamicClipping" dir in also Appdata/local

- I reinstalled the app in admin, but for some reason; somewhere information is left behind. Where is this stored???

I ask this because I am not able to generate one single measurements file anymore!! Nothing is generated after I press Start!

This while the app was working flawlessly before. This until I added an USB hard drive, tried to make a measurement of an *.mkv on that hard drive. This one didn't work/play in MadVR, it was generated without an original and txt. Only a measurements. This was the last file that was generated! Whatever file I choose, nothing happens. There is not measurement file in the end. There is no error, it takes 4 minutes (same as before) to process but in the end nothing happened.

Of course the path of madvr installation etc. etc. is correct.
I tried path to measurements files setting in both ways (same as movie and a map).

I searched in the registry and I couldn't find anything regarding this application. Is there information stored in the registry?
There is one 3.5.0 *.exe in the *.zip I put this exe in de madvr dir. Is this correct?

It seems to be impossible to get it working again and it's driving me nuts!

Please advice on how to get this great application working again, thanks for the input in advance.

·
Registered
378 Posts
There's a file in the new madvr folder called madMeasureHDR.exe. You need to drop your UHD file in there and let it create a measurement file. Once that's done, run that measurement file in the madvrmeasurement optimizer.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Not responding does not mean crashing...
-->it means that it waits for an active process to finish before it can continue :D
-->and it also means that we did not have time yet to put the main window on a separate thread than the calculation process. :)

1)Is your gpu at 100? Is madmeasureHDR running in the background? Do you get the message to wait 20min until the measurement is created?
2) Did you set up lavfilter 32bits to d3d11 native for proper measurement decoding?

Screenshots always help. ;)
THANKS again. I did a clean install of LAV while I was troublshooting earlier. Forgot to re-enable hardware decoding. That did the trick!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Meg too bright

I've deinstalled and installed back brand new 3.5.1 tool ... but it still reports me 3.5.0 ... why?

Anyway my post is not about this...
My real measured pic nits is 140.

Like you can see I've started evalutating of new FALL algo with default settings.
I'm started to see very low films (BR2049, Murder on OE, Ready Player one) and the image is very good.
After that I tested some "mid" movie like Ice Age: Collision Course. It's good.
But the MEG is too bright, very bright.

So it seems that default settings in my case do not cover any UHD content....

Can someone suggest me other settings?

HERE the file of The Meg

Thank you
P.s. Can some one explain me the meaning of "maximal target nits" in the advanced settings? thanks

·
Registered
173 Posts
I've deinstalled and installed back brand new 3.5.1 tool ... but it still reports me 3.5.0 ... why?

Anyway my post is not about this...
My real measured pic nits is 140.

Like you can see I've started evalutating of new FALL algo with default settings.
I'm started to see very low films (BR2049, Murder on OE, Ready Player one) and the image is very good.
After that I tested some "mid" movie like Ice Age: Collision Course. It's good.
But the MEG is too bright, very bright.

So it seems that default settings in my case do not cover any UHD content....

Can someone suggest me other settings?

HERE the file of The Meg

Thank you
P.s. Can some one explain me the meaning of "maximal target nits" in the advanced settings? thanks
Maximal target nits is the highest target it can choose, 1500 works well but for the Meg you might want to try 4000. It only matter for frames with a high enough target to get capped by the maximal target value, but it will also affect the average if there are several high target frames within the average period. The Meg is a bright movie, too bright really, I can't imagine what it would look like on a 4000 nits display. Anyway, try increasing the dynamic tuning value, 75 is probably too low for 140 nits real peak, I'd suggest something more like 150 but you'll have to experiment.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Well I was all excited to test this, and it seems HDR switching doesn't work with newer Nvidia drivers. Now I remember why I stopped using HTPCs a while ago. Feels like I'm taking another descent into madness. Ugh.

·
Registered
2 Posts
How can I make a 100% full reset/clean installation of this application?

- I removed the app by the official uninstall method.
- I fully removed the "Apps" dir in Appdata/local (because I mentioned that it was installed in this map)
- I fully removed the "madMeasureDynamicClipping" dir in also Appdata/local

- I reinstalled the app in admin, but for some reason; somewhere information is left behind. Where is this stored???

I ask this because I am not able to generate one single measurements file anymore!! Nothing is generated after I press Start!

This while the app was working flawlessly before. This until I added an USB hard drive, tried to make a measurement of an *.mkv on that hard drive. This one didn't work/play in MadVR, it was generated without an original and txt. Only a measurements. This was the last file that was generated! Whatever file I choose, nothing happens. There is not measurement file in the end. There is no error, it takes 4 minutes (same as before) to process but in the end nothing happened.

Of course the path of madvr installation etc. etc. is correct.
I tried path to measurements files setting in both ways (same as movie and a map).

I searched in the registry and I couldn't find anything regarding this application. Is there information stored in the registry?
There is one 3.5.0 *.exe in the *.zip I put this exe in de madvr dir. Is this correct?

It seems to be impossible to get it working again and it's driving me nuts!

Please advice on how to get this great application working again, thanks for the input in advance.

Small update:

I use LAV 32bit with: D3D11 / Active decoder d3d11 native
Hardeware device to use: Automatic (Native)

my GPU is the 2070 GTX

I really tried everything, not a single measurement file is created anymore. Any suggestion on how to solve this?

Could you please tell me where every single setting of this application is stored? Besides the locations that I mentioned above here? Only the developer can know if there is something that I forgot.

There must be "a setting" somewhere that is not good/bugged/stuck or something because from one moment to a another the awesome program didn't work anymore as described.

So a 100% clean install with every setting of MadmeasureHDR Optimizer deleted and also every setting in MadVR that has a connection to the MadmeasureHDR Optimizer deleted (if any besides the measurements map location), should make it able to work again.

Thanks in advance for the input and thanks for the great work.

·
Registered
173 Posts
@Soulnight

I'm going to do some testing tonight and try and dial in my chapter settings, but one thing I've noticed is that cuts to black and fades to black don't seem to trigger a chapter change. I'll see if I can find a specific example and check that it's not just the settings I'm using, it's just something I've noticed a couple of times.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Well I was all excited to test this, and it seems HDR switching doesn't work with newer Nvidia drivers. Now I remember why I stopped using HTPCs a while ago. Feels like I'm taking another descent into madness. Ugh.
I also have a RTX 2070. Sometimes a reboot does the trick, though I found I have great results by keeping the HDR switch in Win 10 display settings always on. Definitely helps keep everything easy, and working every time. Plus there seems to be a rendering boost with it on when using madvr. I can push much higher quality settings with amazing stability for some reason with it on.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
127 Posts
Small update:

I use LAV 32bit with: D3D11 / Active decoder d3d11 native
Hardeware device to use: Automatic (Native)

my GPU is the 2070 GTX

I really tried everything, not a single measurement file is created anymore. Any suggestion on how to solve this?

Could you please tell me where every single setting of this application is stored? Besides the locations that I mentioned above here? Only the developer can know if there is something that I forgot.

There must be "a setting" somewhere that is not good/bugged/stuck or something because from one moment to a another the awesome program didn't work anymore as described.

So a 100% clean install with every setting of MadmeasureHDR Optimizer deleted and also every setting in MadVR that has a connection to the MadmeasureHDR Optimizer deleted (if any besides the measurements map location), should make it able to work again.

Have you tried using the application .exe file instead of the install version?

Also, you could try using the Htpc Control app (very handy with a great features, and can be found in the "Improving Madvr..." forum), I use that tool for my measurements and Soulnight's for Dynamic optimization.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #559
We hear your distress... :)

But not idea what's wrong in your current setup.

Try creating a shortcut if madmeasurehdr and drop one of your movie on the shortcut. The measurement process should start. You can later optimize the measurement with our tool.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #560
This tool is an add-on for the work which has been done in the "improving madvr hdr to sdr tone mapping" thread.

Therefore it's expected that people are already familiar or make themselves familiar with the work which have been done there.

The whole point is to output a hdr picture toned mapped on a sdr gamma.
So forcing hdr output would just make things completely wrong.
Make sure you have madVR properly setup. You can use the neighbor thread for that: "madvr support thread". Thank you! :)

541 - 560 of 1220 Posts