AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are a lot of different HT magazines out there. Can someone suggest one of the more complete magazines. A magazine that will offer advice and equipment reviews. Something that is good for the novice (me :) ) and the experts as well?

Thanks,

DWhite

·
Registered
657 Posts
Best thing is to go to Border's or Barnes & Noble and just start paging through a bunch of them. I like Audio Video Interiors, but strictly as eye candy, and I enjoy Widescreen Review quite a bit.

·
Registered
277 Posts
What is your interest - Home Theater or audio?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Home Theater Magazine is good.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I subscribe to the following and this is what I like/dislike about them.

SGHT: Great reviews.reputable reviewers/ great installations/ great value for the $$$!

Home Theater: I like the reviews but they came out with a seperate mag for the installs but they have shown some AWESOME installs..I really like that mag (Home Theater Interiors)

Audio Video Interiors: Great Installs...don't really do much products reviewing. also well worth it!

I read but do not subscribe to WideScreen Review...GREAT mag!!

I do NOT like Sound and Vision and Stereophile that much. S&V is for people with limitied knowledge and Stereophile is for people with TOO much knowledge!..They talk over my head!!

Mike

·
Registered
904 Posts
I subscribe to both SGHT (Stereophile Guide to Home Theater) and Home Theater magazine (which includes a sub to Home Theater Interiors).

I think they're both great. SGHT seems a bit more high end and sophisticated while HT is more superficial but fun to read. I find they are both inaccurate or somewhat out of date compared to what you can learn on these forums.

I haven't yet read WSR, but I think that's the next thing I'd try.

jake

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.