AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever I perform the "Magic Focus" for my 51SWX20B I can see green outlines from the red picture tube, mostly on both outer edges of the screen. Do any of you also see these lines or is it just my set?? The lines look like they're projections of shadows from the red letters or something. Do you think this is a problem?? They never go away no matter how many Magic Focuses I run, whether it be automatic or manual. Here's a picture of what I'm talking about. Any clues or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thx.!!!

http://www.csulb.edu/~meachon/Green%...ic%20Focus.jpg

·
Registered
61 Posts
I see the same thing here, 51Gwx20b. had a tech to look at it, didn't seem concerned about it. I also see say 4x3 black bar HD or something, a small overlap, about the same distance 1/4" or so where the black is not as dense on the edge of the 4x3 material. This shows up between the 4x3 edge at the black bar. If i set the set to 4x3 and watch anything it seems to be there also.

Other than the magic focus and the 1/4" edge i see no adverse effects from it.

I hope we can get some insight on what it is and if it is fixable.

I know this doesn't help, but you're not alone

Joel

·
Registered
19 Posts
my 51swx and my friend 57swx have the same thing. By the way, this is a 2002 model. Yes, you are not alone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.