Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone remember this horror flick?

Holy crap I don't know what made me thing of this today, but I decided to look it up at Amazon and see if it was available on dvd ... sadly it's not. It's out of print on VHS as well but it is available USED for about $12. Though from the reviews, it is edited all to hell and is probably the "edited for tv" version.

This movie scared the hell out of me as a kid. I remember when I was 8 years old I got a Charlie McCarthy doll for Christmas and he was my favorite toy ... UNTIL ... I was 9 years old and saw MAGIC starring Anthony Hopkins. I had the doll sitting up on the top shelf of my closet and after I saw that movie, I could swear that Charlie AKA FATS was peeking out between the crack in the closet door waiting for me to fall asleep so he could murder me !!! I had nightmares for months and months afterwards. Hmmmmm I haven't seen this movie in probably 20 years at least ... I wonder if it still holds up ....

Has anyone heard anything about a dvd of this movie? I hope we get the uncut version where the dummy is swearing all the time. This movie absolutely scared me to death when I was a kid. Anyone else?

·
Registered
879 Posts
Man, I remember that trailer circa 1978 like it was yesterday. Anthony Hopkins hiding in the shadows against a wall with a knife, and the puppet narrating a poem, which ends with...

"Magic is fun - you're DEAD."

God I'd love to see that trailer again!

Cheers,

Flexx

Visit The CineFlexx
http://members.aol.com/beautymarkstudio/Home.html

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I never saw the flick, but I too remember the trailer and yes, it scared the crap out of me as well.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Wow,

I remember this. What a great movie. We could do with this on dvd rather than some of the other back catalogue rubbish.

Hopkins was really great as usual and was even more scary than the dummy.

Eric

·
Registered
38 Posts
Totally agree about this one!!

A couple of weeks ago I got rid of a box full of old video's. This was the one I rescued from the box. I was in collegewhen this came out, and we had a great time with it.

Abracadabra, I sit on his knee.

Hocus Pocus, and now he is me!

something something, (I can't remember this one)

Magic is fun! You're dead.........

Well, now you know what I was studying.......:D

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got this from IMDB.com ... it sounds a little off though. Hmmmmm maybe it is right.

Presto, change-o, and now he is me.

Hocus Pocus, we take her to bed.

Magic is fun... when you're dead.

Sends shivers down your spine, doesn't it? Muhahahahahahahaha

:D

Richard Attenborough directed this movie?!?!?! I had no idea ... you learn something every day!

·
Registered
879 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Crow331
I got this from IMDB.com ... it sounds a little off though. Hmmmmm maybe it is right.

Presto, change-o, and now he is me.

Hocus Pocus, we take her to bed.

Magic is fun... when you're dead.

Sends shivers down your spine, doesn't it? Muhahahahahahahaha

:D

Richard Attenborough directed this movie?!?!?! I had no idea ... you learn something every day!
Thank you, thank you!! Haven't heard that rhyme since 1978!!

Flexx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.