AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I am a new member to this forum, but I have been reading through it for a couple of months. First, thank you all for the informations I could find here!

I am looking for a subwoofer, and I am hesitating between those 3. The system is in a mid-sized room (20m2), music 60%, movies 40%. I like when the bass kick, but also when the sound is precise when listening to music (jazz for example).

Any advices?

Magnat 201a:
8" - 20cm
£100

Wharfedale SW150
10" - 25cm
£150

Klipsch R-10SW
10" - 25cm
£200

System:
Pioneer VSX-S510
2 Klipsch RB-51 II

P.S: I came up with this selection but still open to other suggestions!

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Hello everyone,

I am a new member to this forum, but I have been reading through it for a couple of months. First, thank you all for the informations I could find here!

I am looking for a subwoofer, and I am hesitating between those 3. The system is in a mid-sized room (20m2), music 60%, movies 40%. I like when the bass kick, but also when the sound is precise when listening to music (jazz for example).

Any advices?

Magnat 201a:
8" - 20cm
£100

Wharfedale SW150
10" - 25cm
£150

Klipsch R-10SW
10" - 25cm
£200

System:
Pioneer VSX-S510
2 Klipsch RB-51 II

P.S: I came up with this selection but still open to other suggestions!
Where are you located? It makes a difference as far as getting recommendations if you are outside North America. That and your budget?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am in the UK, so I can either order in UK in pounds, or in other marketplace in Europe in euro if it's cheaper (for example the Klipsch is cheaper in France).

My budget is up to £180 - 250€.

To add a bit to my previous post, I think the Wharfedale and the Klipsch will be better than the Magnat, but I wonder if the Klipsch worth the difference in price. I have read a lot of reviews on the Wharfedale, mostly very good for this budget subwoofer, and almost no review, except one from "jdschatz" on AVS where he kills it -even if we keep in mind that it was compared to a SVS- (I cannot post the URL as I am a new member, but the thread is "Klipsch r-10sw, someone knows if it's any good?").

I would prefer to go for the Klipsch, as I found it nicer and already have a pair of Klipsch that I love. But I don't want to pay more for the same quality, or even less quality.

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
I am in the UK, so I can either order in UK in pounds, or in other marketplace in Europe in euro if it's cheaper (for example the Klipsch is cheaper in France).

My budget is up to £180 - 250€.

To add a bit to my previous post, I think the Wharfedale and the Klipsch will be better than the Magnat, but I wonder if the Klipsch worth the difference in price. I have read a lot of reviews on the Wharfedale, mostly very good for this budget subwoofer, and almost no review, except one from "jdschatz" on AVS where he kills it -even if we keep in mind that it was compared to a SVS- (I cannot post the URL as I am a new member, but the thread is "Klipsch r-10sw, someone knows if it's any good?").

I would prefer to go for the Klipsch, as I found it nicer and already have a pair of Klipsch that I love. But I don't want to pay more for the same quality, or even less quality.
SVS has a distributor/dealer in the UK.
http://www.karma-av.co.uk/High_Performance_Entertainment_Systems_for_your_Home-c1

The SVS PB1000 would be much better than anything you're looking at. The SB1000 is a nice choice if you need something smaller.

Not sure what the price is though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts