AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I routinely download content from the Internet, then burn content onto Verbatim DVD+RW discs using an Asus External DVD burner and then put it onto my Magnavox Recorder HDD (editing it) followed by dubbing to another DVD+RW disc or DVD+R disc. It works flawlessly, no issue.

The past two weeks I have been recording Mad Men episodes from Cable TV to my Magnavox HDD and for some odd reason I am not permitted to dub the content to these same Verbatim DVD+RW discs that I have been using often. I can however insert a brand new Verbatim disc, the Recorder says "formatting" and then I am able to Dub to the brand new disc.

I don't want to use new discs each time I want to dub cable content from the HDD to a disc but perhaps there is something I could do so this would not be necessary? Why must each +RW disc be new to dub cable TV content on the HDD to DVD?

Thanks for any feedback.

·
Registered
13,347 Posts
I believe this issue was previously discussed and if memory serves me, the problem is you wrote to the disk with the PC first. Something about the Magnavox not being able to deal with the PC-written disk unless you do a full erase of the disk first using something like ImgBurn -- full erase not quick erase.

Easiest solution is to keep your DVD+RW kosher -- keep one set for writing to by the PC and one set for writing to by the Magnavox.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did the full erase of these discs and still the Magnavox will not permit dubbing Cable TV content. I think it has something to do with recording from my cable box because the Magnavox has no issue with the discs I have fully erased and used repeatedly to download content from my computer. It is only content that I recorded to the HDD from my cable box.

It makes no sense but I will just take your advice and insert new discs for now that the Magnavox does permit for dubbing and when I am done with viewing this Cable TV content I will reuse them (fully erase) and just for recording Cable content as you suggest.

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.