AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couldn't find thread on here about this TV so I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts? Not sure if buying a recertified TV is worth it, but it's for the bedroom and not the main TV in my house. Anyone ever bought a recertified TV? For $300 and free shipping, this seems like a good deal but I'd appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16889259024

·
Registered
440 Posts
Google 32MF338B for info, the RB in front of the model number just indicates it's a refurb. I would think though that you might be better off with a new Vizio, Dell tends to have them in the $350 range pretty often.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Be aware that first of all, new Magnavox branded TV's are no relation to the quality original US-built Magnavox products of decades ago. In the 1980's the Magnavox brand was sold to Philips, which marketed Magnavox as a value brand, but still generally decent quality. However, in the last year or so, Philips has ceased manufacture of both Philips and Magnavox TV's for the US market, and has sold the rights to the Philips and Magnavox brands to Funai of Japan. Funai is a lower-tier manufacturer of mostly off-label electronics. Thus, if you're considering a new Magnavox TV thinking of your father's or grandfather's Magnavox, think again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.