AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me preface this post by saying I am not very tech savy. I have read and read this forum and am still confused.

I am looking at buying a 515 for my parents for Christmas to replace there VCR for recording shows.

Question #1 Will the 515 record every channel that they may want to watch ? How does the 515 interact with the Directv box ? Do you need to manually turn the Directv to the correct channel and then hit record on DVR like you would with a VCR ?

Question #2 They have an older TV , and If I remember right the VCR , TV , Satellite boxes are connected with red white yellow RCA cords.

If I were to keep the VCR still in the loop in case they want to transfer taped to DVD what connection cords will I need to purchase when I buy the DVR ?

Sorry if this is confusing and I appreciate any help .

·
Registered
14,210 Posts
Please repost this in the "Sticky" thread at the top of the thread list. That way, people needing info in later months and years will be able to find it and the answers people give... the Sticky stays in place whle normal threads move down and out of sight eventually.

·
Registered
14,210 Posts
You don't have to make a Sticky thread, it's already at the top of the thread list.

If still confused, click #1 in my sig, which brings you to 1st page of Sticky thread, then click the "Post Comment or Question" button at top or bottom of page.

You might want to Bookmark that page #1 links to for help on other subjects?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts