AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I just bought Magnavox 537, and followed the information on the page regarding it on this forum.However, there are only quite limited channels received, I guess only those channels I can receive without cable box are kept. Is there something that I may miss? I don't need a recorder to record those boring channels.

·
Registered
14,210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by flysinger  /t/1515060/magnavox-537-and-verizon-fios-missing-many-tv-channels#post_24288080

I just bought Magnavox 537, and followed the information on the page regarding it on this forum.However, there are only quite limited channels received, I guess only those channels I can receive without cable box are kept. Is there something that I may miss? I don't need a recorder to record those boring channels.

Did you read Ken.F's "updated scanning procedure" for FIOS where he suggests you NOT scan in ch. 1-10, which might cause tuning interference?

If so, your FIOS may not allow other channels to be in-the-clear for tuning directly with a TV or this DVDR. If that turns out to be true, you'll have to record from the FIOS box using the TIPS from the FIOS users provided in that link.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Thanks!

It helped, and many channels popped up . However, I still cannot see the more desirable channels such as Disney and Nickjr. Does this mean these channels are encrypted?

·
Registered
14,210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by flysinger  /t/1515060/magnavox-537-and-verizon-fios-missing-many-tv-channels#post_24288748

Thanks!

It helped, and many channels popped up . However, I still cannot see the more desirable channels such as Disney and Nickjr. Does this mean these channels are encrypted?

Only way to be sure is to connect the incoming coax to your TV (if that's possible in a FIOS system), scan for TV channels, and see if it tunes those channels.

Otherwise, someone here with FIOS might be able to answer that question?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts