AVS Forum banner

28061 - 28067 of 28067 Posts

·
Registered
5,842 Posts
Did you add tiny dabs of 70% isopropyl alcohol or tape head cleaner fluid to the tiny brushes? I did.
No, that doesn't sound like a good idea to me. Maybe it's perfectly safe to have alcohol fly off the disc inside the machine as soon as you load it but that's not something I'd be willing to try.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have one of the first ones made Philips branded 3575. When I turn it off, it forgets my channels, but only my channels. I have to rescan each time. This is very time consuming and annoying and defeats the purpose of having timed recordings since it records a blank. Does this thing have some sort of battery, or something? I don't see one. Got any suggested fixes, because I don't see any.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have one of the first ones made Philips branded 3575. When I turn it off, it forgets my channels, but only my channels. I have to rescan each time. This is very time consuming and annoying and defeats the purpose of having timed recordings since it records a blank. Does this thing have some sort of battery, or something? I don't see one. Got any suggested fixes, because I don't see any.
I still have one of those! I have it plugged into a backup battery, but if we lose power for longer than the backup can cover, it loses my timed recording settings and the clock setting. Scanned channels (and everything recorded) are always still intact. So I can't really help you, except to say my experience is different from yours - even without power, it remembers the channels but forgets the timers.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I still have one of those! I have it plugged into a backup battery, but if we lose power for longer than the backup can cover, it loses my timed recording settings and the clock setting. Scanned channels (and everything recorded) are always still intact. So I can't really help you, except to say my experience is different from yours - even without power, it remembers the channels but forgets the timers.
Yeah, I think the only useful advice I have heard here is to try getting rid of the dust. I already tried that, and it only works less bad. But that was before I read about someone else doing it here. I should try again more aggressively to see if that works better. Possibly remove the MB completely and carefully wash and dry.

28061 - 28067 of 28067 Posts