AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 52" Magnavox RPTV that I have been fixing up and I need the template to do a service menu convergence adjustment on it. The model number is fp5220-w101 and the chasis number is ptv705-ah01. I have searched all over the internet to find the template and have not come up with anything. According to what I have read, the part number of the template I need i st4124 but I am not for sure on that. Anyways, I was wondering if there were any tv techs or anyone else who would be able to give me the dimensions of the template so I could make my own or a source where they can still be found. I appreciate any help you guys can give me. Thanks!!

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Checked a few places, part is no longer available. You can do setup without one, just by eye. Not that hard unless you pulled all three tubes or defaulted/cleared the convergence memory.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I wasn't able to find it either. Seems that they stopped making it and no one carries it. I tried to adjust the convergence by sight only and was able to get it pretty good but there are still some areas where the screen compresses or warps the image. I actually got this TV off the curb for free (My neighbors threw it out) and the only thing wrong with it was the coolant was really bad and needed to be changed. When I took it apart it looks like they replaced the green crt gun (Maybe to try and fix the coolant problem and they incorrectly diagnosed it as the green gun since the screen was a greenish color) Anyways, when they did that I think they totally changed the convergence settings to the point where I am just guessing trying to get it adjusted right. If anyone has the dimensions for the template so I can make my own I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts