AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went into a Wal-Mart yesterday for the first time in a week or so. I expected the $69 Black Friday Blu-Ray players would be long gone, but to my surprise there was a stack of maybe 60 or 70 of them sitting there. Still at that price. Is it because this player is junk or what? I see in web reviews that the wifi interface has short range, and I noticed it lacks any component output jacks. Only HDMI and composite video out. Even the 5130 units selling for $118 had only HDMI and composite. I'm looking to get my first Blu-Ray player soon and wonder if I should just keep waiting.

·
Premium Member
26,161 Posts
Sorry OP, but I'll use your thread as an example...since we'll have a number of new folks joining or members visiting this area for the first time...your thread is a good one to help people searching for info in the BR hardware forum:

I'm going to close this thread and ask that you start over keeping a couple things in mind:

First, we don't allow street price/sales discussions outside of the deals sticky at the top of the page.

If you have a question on a specific player, most player's have their own owner's thread dedicated to the discussion of that individual player. We ask that folks post their questions about specific models in their owner's thread. The best way to search is go to advance search, use the title search only option and in this case magnavox as your search word. If we don't have a owner's thread on that model, please feel free to start one with any questions you may have.

Another option for searching for player suggestions is the sticky thread "help me chose a BR player".

Thanks and good luck in your search

Ron

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.