AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Magnavox MDR535 recorder. The channels are set up correctly. I can't figure out why some of the timers record on the correct channel, but then other times (same timer weekly programmed) and records the wrong channel. It is extremely frustrating. Anyone have any ideas or have experienced the same thing and a fix?.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,652 Posts
Couple of thoughts, does your cable system use SDV? If so that could explain the wrong thing being recorded, also are you using auto-clock set? It's possible you are getting an incorrect time signal causing your events to record at the wrong time.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just have OTA no cable or satellite connected. I checked the time and it is correct, it was recording fine and then it arbitrarily decides to do a different channel at the correct time or a different program right channel for a different program... very confusing. This just started. The auto clock was off
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff  /t/1468885/magnavox-mdr535#post_23223114


Couple of thoughts, does your cable system use SDV? If so that could explain the wrong thing being recorded, also are you using auto-clock set? It's possible you are getting an incorrect time signal causing your events to record at the wrong time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
614 Posts
Are you trying to record from sub channels? I don't know maybe X.1, X.5, etc?


I had that issue everytime with my LG recorder, but not with my Maggys.


Also we need to know where are your 535, since you're doing OTA and not Sat/Cable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,652 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgirl  /t/1468885/magnavox-mdr535#post_23223128


I just have OTA no cable or satellite connected. I checked the time and it is correct, it was recording fine and then it arbitrarily decides to do a different channel at the correct time or a different program right channel for a different program... very confusing. This just started. The auto clock was off
I agree, very confusing. When you said it just started, how long had you been recording with no issues? Even stranger if it use to work for several weeks and now just out of the blue your having these issues


It might be worth it to try and reset your unit(I'm sure Wajos sticky thread would have info on how to do this) sometimes a cold boot can cure odd issues.....
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
channels that are only available like 4.1, 7.1 ,14.1 , etc. what do you mean where are your 535?
Quote:
Originally Posted by profhat  /t/1468885/magnavox-mdr535#post_23223494


Are you trying to record from sub channels? I don't know maybe X.1, X.5, etc?


I had that issue everytime with my LG recorder, but not with my Maggys.


Also we need to know where are your 535, since you're doing OTA and not Sat/Cable.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have had it approx 1 month with no problems...it just started. I will try to reset the unit....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff  /t/1468885/magnavox-mdr535#post_23223594


I agree, very confusing. When you said it just started, how long had you been recording with no issues? Even stranger if it use to work for several weeks and now just out of the blue your having these issues


It might be worth it to try and reset your unit(I'm sure Wajos sticky thread would have info on how to do this) sometimes a cold boot can cure odd issues.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
614 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgirl  /t/1468885/magnavox-mdr535#post_23225186


channels that are only available like 4.1, 7.1 ,14.1 , etc. what do you mean where are your 535?

Well, it's not a subchannel issue, like wihen using the Clear QAM tuner (Digital Cable). I mean where is located your 535 (I forgot you only have one), maybe the problem was generated for a strange network signal.


In any case the reset should work.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top