AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my buckeye cablesystem provider is going to HD DTA Transport Adaports or Digital/HD converter.

How do I use my magnavox recorder. "If you receive our cable service on any TV that does not currently have a set-top box, in most cases, you will need to connect the television to a Digita/HD converter box or an HD DTA (High-Definition Transport Adapter) to continue to receive cable TV. In apporx 6 months we weill encrypt Basci CATV and at that time you will need a converter box or HD DTA to continue.....

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
You will need a cable box with composite or S-video outputs to connect to one of the Magnavox recorder's line inputs. You can then watch and record the channels playing on the cable box through the Magnavox's L1 or L2 line input. It works but it's a pain since all of the channel changes will need to be done at the cable box. Unattended recordings on different channels will not be possible unless the cable box has a feature to program channel changes. Many cable boxes will only output 4:3 video from the composite and S-video outputs so you may be stuck with letterboxed video.

If OTA reception is possible in your location I recommend connecting an antenna to the ANT IN connector for your local channels. You can still use the cable box on the line input for the channels you can't get with an antenna. At least you will be able to set timer recordings on the Magnavox to change the channel for OTA recordings.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts