AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,530 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by esebm /forum/post/20870491

Hi,

Is it possible to record the VCR and the DVD at the same time, different channels? I checked the manual but I couldn't find anything on that.

Thanks,

Ed

No.

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
this question gets asked occasionally with various units as the subject. The answer is no, sorry. Usually the questions are aimed at, can I record from the antenna in on the VCR, while simultaneously recording from the video in on the DVD recorder. It sounds like a nice feature, but not easily engineered. No DVD/VCR recorder I know of has ever been capable of this.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, it doesn't seem logical to me that it should not be possible. When both the VCR and the DVD can be programmed to record at different times, it should be possible to program them to record simultaneously. They are independent units.

Can someone provide a logical, technical explanation why that is not possible?

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
^^It would require having 2 separate tuners for both sides to each tune a different channel at the same time. While the digital tuner/analog tuner is an integrated unit, it can't tune say, a digital channel while simultaneously tuning an analog one.

So it can only record one channel at a time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.