AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looking at getting a pair of Magnepan 3.6's, I currently have a pair of MMG's and I want to upgrade, I really love the way the maggies sound, my only concern is power. I am currently using two NAD 218thx( got a sweet deal $500 for the pair)I don't want to make this type of investment and be short changed o power. Do I need at a more powerful amp or will these bring the magic.

System:

Sherwood P-965

Magnepan MMG

NAD 218thx (2)

Pioneer PD-65

In storage:

Nikko 440 Power amp

Sherwood A-965

Harman Kardon PA2400

Sony ESD2000

·
Premium Member
4,902 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUSICMOREPOWER11 /forum/post/18131890

I looking at getting a pair of Magnepan 3.6's, I currently have a pair of MMG's and I want to upgrade, I really love the way the maggies sound, my only concern is power. I am currently using two NAD 218thx( got a sweet deal $500 for the pair)I don't want to make this type of investment and be short changed o power. Do I need at a more powerful amp or will these bring the magic.

System:

Sherwood P-965

Magnepan MMG

NAD 218thx (2)

Pioneer PD-65

In storage:

Nikko 440 Power amp

Sherwood A-965

Harman Kardon PA2400

Sony ESD2000

You'll probably get more responses by posting in the magnepan thread.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1086093

When I had 3.6R's, I ran them with 350wpc at 8ohms that went to 600wpc into the 4ohm load of the Mags. I don't know what the power ratings are on your gear so you might want to mention that if you repost the question in the Magnepan thread.

cheers

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.