AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any owners or fans out there willing to comment on these relative to the 1.6's. They only have the 1.6's and 3.6's at my local store, but these sure look cost effective. Add a top sub and I'm guessing they make a sweet, musical system (to some peoples tastes).

What do all you Maggie fans think about this smaller line of speakers?

http://www.magnepan.com/1-800-474-1646/hometheater.html

·
Registered
321 Posts
With its MGMC1s, I think Magnepan has another winner in its lineup.

Our local Magnepan dealer has a video demo room set up with the Magnepan MGMC1s front and rear, along the MGCC2 center. (They are also using a Vandersteen sub.) The combo is very effective -- the Maggies do a fine job all around, creating a seamless 360 degree sound field with clarity that you won't experience with very many other speakers. If I were setting up an HT from scratch, I'd certainly consider using that speaker complement.

I have also heard a system in someone's home with MG 1.6s and an MGCC1 center up front and the wall-hung MGMC1s in the rear as surrounds. That system also sounded superb. Since I already have MG 3.6s and an MGCC1 up front, and have been way more than pleased with their superlative performance for both music and movies, the MGMC1s are logical candidates for possible future replacement of the Def Tech towers I am currently using as surrounds.

Burke

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.