AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a pair of Magnepan MMG. It has been working fine until I turned on my system today to listen to music. I notice one side was louder (clearer) than the other. So I adjust the balance from left to right. The left speaker sounds fine but the right one lack highs and sounds very hollow and muddy. I don't know what the problem is could it possibly be the quasi-ribbon tweeter? If so is there a way to fix it? BTW, it is powered by a Marantz MM9000 amp using a Sony STR-2ES receiver as pre/pro.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Just an aside- how are those speakers? I've seen the offer and am tempted to try them out...

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now there's an answer that makes sense. Thanks! I knew it had to be something simple as that.

Bigguyz,

These speakers are amazing. They're unlike anything I have heard from conventional loudspeakers. The strong point is the highs. If you love female vocals then these speakers are definitely for you. Never have Norah Jones' voice been more beautiful. Seems like she is right there in the room with you.

·
Registered
58 Posts
did replacing the fuse fix your problem? what are your feelings regarding these speakers for movie audio (big explosions, etc)? I have dual subwoofers so they will supply all the bass i need.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.