AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I was to place a pair of unshelled bookshelf speakers on top of my rear projected TV would there be a problem? I have read where they say do not do that. I have also read that since the guns are in the bottom of the TV there would be no problems. Has anyone place unshelled bookshelf speakers on top of your rear projected TV? Any problems?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
150 Posts
What TV do you have?

I'm pretty sure that rear projection LCD is not affected by non shielded speakers. This is a CTR issue.

If I'm wrong then someone will correct me.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have a 5ish year old Hitachi RPTV that I have had the center channel sitting on top of for quite some time. It is not a problem at all (no funny green circles or anything).

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpnaugle /forum/post/12882685

What TV do you have?

I'm pretty sure that rear projection LCD is not affected by non shielded speakers. This is a CTR issue.

If I'm wrong then someone will correct me.

Yes it is a CTR set. Thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
The distance from the CRT guns at the bottom of a RPTV to the top of the RPTV is enough to safely put a speaker there.

But you said a pair (vs 1 center) - wouldn't you want greater separation for L&R speakers than the width of a TV?

Ed

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekb /forum/post/12884220

The distance from the CRT guns at the bottom of a RPTV to the top of the RPTV is enough to safely put a speaker there.

But you said a pair (vs 1 center) - wouldn't you want greater separation for L&R speakers than the width of a TV?

Ed

I have a 62 Widescreen Mits. The speakers sit at the very end of the set and the center is in the middle. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by StLouG /forum/post/12886652

I have a 62 Widescreen Mits. The speakers sit at the very end of the set and the center is in the middle. Thanks.

62" diagonal is not much. That's still way too close together for the front 3 speakers.

Ed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts