AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some years back, Sterophile Mag ran a cover featuring a rack system with two long black poles that leaned against the wall while supporting a four shelf component rack. The appearance was of a system of floating shelves that simply leaned up against the wall. As options, Magro offered CD holders that mounted above the topmost shelf. In addition, there was a two shelf amplifier rack on rollers that fit under the floating shelves. Each shelf had holes drilled at opposite ends so one could route lo level from high level wires and such.

I bought one from a dealer in Arizona (forgot who at the moment) and have used it quite happily for several years. Now that I am setting up a dedicated HT room that will also house components to serve a whole house audio system, I decided to look around for another Magro system. I guess Magro didn't survive in the industry as none of the dealers who list the system have been getting the product for some time now. I did manage to find a new, old stock shelf system plus amp rack (for a lot less than I originally paid) at a dealer in San Diego. My older system is in oak and the newer one is black but they will look the same with the lights out.

Anyone else have one of these systems? I'm a bit surprised, but mostly dissappointed that they went under. I think it is one of the smartest designs around.

...Bob

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.