AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if many of you Klipsch owners use any sound diffusion material in your room to widen your soundstage using Klipsch speakers? Or anyone using sound diffusion methods has it improved your front soundstage?

Also I read that one can simply have someone move a small mirror along each side wall until the person sitting in the sweetspot sees the speaker in the mirror and that is where the first sound reflections occur and a sound diffuser should be placed on the wall at ear level and below to better expand the front soundstage. So one would have a sound diffuser on each side wall.

I have even read one should cover the entire front wall with some sort of fabric. Does this apply with horn loaded speakers like Klipsch? Anyone do it and notice a huge improvement?

Thanks

Troy

·
Premium Member
3,832 Posts
Troy,

These methods would apply to virtually any speaker, not just Klipsch. A dedicated HT room will have different acoustic treatments vs. a 2ch music system. The front wall dampening you mention is primarily for HT use. Keep in mind that you don't need fancy acoustic panels for diffusion... a large plant or bookshelf (with gaps between the books) will work as well. An excellent book on the subject of room acoustics is F. Alton Everest's Master Handbook of Acoustics . It's written for the average enthusiast, not a Physics PhD.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.