AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to upgrade my main speakers, just the fronts now, I'll match the center and rears in later phases. I'm going to spend about $5K on a pair. I'm currently thinking about a pair of Legacy Focus 20/20s that I can get a deal on. I run Bryston monoblocks on a RDC7, and listen to a variety of rock, jazz, easy listening, and classical, definitely more rock and jazz though. What other speakers does everyone else think I should audition?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I have the Focus 20/20s.

They are incredible. I would recommend them in less than a heartbeat.

It looks like you've got good equipment for them too. I recently switched from a Bryston 4B NRB to a Legacy Monobloc2 Amp and heard a very nice improvement. With Bryston Monoblocks, your more than likely in good shape. To give you an idea, I was told that the Legacy Powerbloc2 was designed for the Focus. They like lots of current.

Best of Luck...They are big and HEAVY.

·
Registered
344 Posts
How about ACI Talismans? Haven't heard them yet, but every ACI model I've heard has far exceeded my expectations. It would be my leading candidate for a pair of towers in your price range.

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
I'll recommend a pair of JBL PS1400 ($1500 ea.) subs with PT800 ($900 ea.) towers docked on top (docking hardware is included). These docked units form the main towers on my JBL Performance Series speaker system.

They need a couple of days to break in, then they are ready for anything.

JBL link here

Here's an opinion other than mine:

Review here

They may be a little hard to find--harder than many so-called boutique speakers--, but they're well worth the effort.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.