AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to enable the arrow key options, and keep it enabled when the mouse is moved?

now I have to press Tab to re-enable the arrow keys.

this is not very practical when using a remote.

many thanks

Robin

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Hi Robin,

At this time, if you move the mouse, the arrow key option will become disabled until you do press the TAB key. I'll be rethinking how this works knowing that alot more people are starting to use remotes.

Perhaps a timer that every so often sets focus back on one of the buttons would help.

I'm confused though if you are using a remote, why would you be using a mouse?

One other option that I've seen users do is assign numbers to the buttons if they only have 5 or 6 options. For example:

1. Play Movie

2. Watch TV

3. Internet

So then they can just hit a number on the remote instead.

Also, you could just simulate TAB and SHIFT-TAB to navigate.

One other thing I want to do is to allow the user to disable a button as being clickable or part of the button sequence.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi mario

thank for the reply

i have both a remote, a keyboard and a mouse connected, because i use the machine for gaming too.

now that i'm thinking of it, is should be possible to disable the mouse when running mainlobby, somehow.

will look into it a bit more.

TAB and ALT-TAB is also a good idea

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Not sure if Girder will allow you to disable the mouse or not.

But I should be able to make that an option in a future release. I've added it to the wishlist.

I think an option to hide the mouse and or complete disable would be nice.

My main concern would that if MainLobby were to crash for some reason, not that it does, that it would cause the mouse to not be available to the user should they have that option checked.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.