Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 1390 Posts

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
**** posted with permission of the AVSForum ****

http://www.cinemaronline.com/avsforum/ml171images.jpg

I apologize, but the other thread became corrupt so I've started this new one. Here's a link to the old thread:
Last MainLobby Thread

Here's a sneak peek into what's right around the corner in MainLobby Version 2.0 which should be released shortly after Thanksgiving.

As usual, some things may change before the actual release.

What’s New in Version 2 since MainLobby 1.5 was released?

· Import JPGs and animated SWF files (assign actions and drag them around just like other buttons)

· Change Fonts

· Change Font Size

· Change Font Color

· Align Fonts left, right and center

· Rotate graphics/buttons

· New buttons, animations and graphics

· Button Display also shows the text treatment

· New ML Command Line (Assign complex actions to buttons – Exit MainLobby, Back Scene, Minimize ML, Send ML to Back, Open ML Menu, Shutdown Windows, Hide Task Bar, Show Task Bar, FadeIn, FadeOut, etc.)

· Editable X and Y coordinates for precise editing of button placement

· Adjust the transparency of any graphic

· Launch any type of file from MainLobby (.exe, .vbs, .mp3, .mov, .avi, .wmv)

· Set any Scene as the default Scene when MainLobby starts up

· Includes SWF animations

· New Background Images

· Pass variables to other programs

· New Custom Resolution Settings to accommodate 4:3, 16:9 and any other resolution

· Use Tab key to navigate buttons

· New Shell option for opening any program, file or script

· Hide any button/graphic without loosing its properties

· Next/Back arrow on Button Properties panel to quickly edit buttons

· While dragging buttons in design mode, the buttons become semi-transparent for quicker alignment

· All edit panels have been resized to a maximum 800 pixel width at full size

· Removed animation from Sliding menu for faster development

· New RemoteFX layer

· Added scaling ability to each FX Layer

· Moved the sample Button Display area to the upper left corner

· Added a button to hide the sample display button

· Use Keyboard Arrow Keys/Remote to navigate onscreen buttons (Optional Arrow Keys Checkbox)

· Automatically sets focus to the first button added to the Scene

· Invisible Button for Image Mapping

· Slinke Support

· Added TextField element for paragraphs and labels

· 1366x768 preset button added for Displays

· Open an application Hidden, Normal, Minimized, Maximized

· Fixed Grid Display to full screen while in Design Mode

· Removed Draggable feature to prevent Pen Tablet users from Accidentally moving the interface

· Draggable Panels

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I have the Hauppage wintv video card that is fed a cable from my Channel plus modulators. 5 of the channels are security cameras. How do we get the camera images and the option to select the channels, (or camera) in Main Lobby?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Can't wait Mario!! Looks very good.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by cmcjo
I have the Hauppage wintv video card that is fed a cable from my Channel plus modulators. 5 of the channels are security cameras. How do we get the camera images and the option to select the channels, (or camera) in Main Lobby?
Hey Joe,

The reloading JPG Slideshow is currently buggy. But I'll try to get it fixed before the release of ML2. Essentially, your security software would need to export a single jpg image to your hard drive. Then MainLobby would just continually reload that same jpg image. Check out a software program called HomeWatcher. It will save the a jpg to your hard drive and has a lot of options.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Folks,

Spent all day working on the Manual and some bug fixes. Encountered a major one that I'm still trying to fix.

As usual, I've tried to make each version backwards compatible with prior versions of MainLobby Scene files.

Here's a screen shot that shows one of the new MainLobby background skins and what you can do when you put an old button on top of a newer one to create some interesting layer effects. All the buttons were aligned using the new X & Y coordinate feature.

http://www.cinemaronline.com/avsforu...reenshot01.jpg

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
485 Posts
I noticed that you added a preset resolution for 1366x768. Can you also add one for 1024x576? I think that is a pretty common resolution for those of us doing 16x9 with an XGA projector.

Thanks,

-Zak

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hey Mario,

I love the second "Main Menu" screenshot. It's exactly what I want to do.

Can't wait for the upgrade.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm hoping to release MainLobby 2 in the next 48 hours or sooner if all goes well.

Glad you folks are enjoying the screenshots. I knew that would get you going. :) I've added alot of graphical buttons and backgrounds to the mix.

Quote:
I noticed that you added a preset resolution for 1366x768. Can you also add one for 1024x576? I think that is a pretty common resolution for those of us doing 16x9 with an XGA projector.
Zak,

Consider it done!

Quote:
Ditto! Are you taking any Beta testers?
Anyone who wants to partake in the possiblity of becoming a beta tester should send me an email with your system specs including how you are controlling your computer, web tablets, remotes, software, etc. I have a few testers and won't need any before the release of ML2, but it's nice to know about you when the time comes.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Mario!

You are the number one man! (No matter what your wife may say, grinning and ducking).

Exactly the UI I was looking for. Now it is time for me to brush aside some time to work on XML input so the Lobby products can have broadcast (TV-Guide-like) menus available. Lots of scripting work ahead!

Mike

Quote:
Originally posted by mcascio
Hi all. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving weekend.

Very productive day today for me.

I've been able to fix many of the bugs that were causing problems. I've also had time to add more buttons and background graphics for MainLobby.

Here are some sample screen shots of included interfaces and buttons.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mike,

I thought of the TV Guide idea a while back, but no time to implement. Have at her - that would be awesome.

Joe,

PhotoLobby Pro will not be available by the time ML2 hits the streets. Still more work to be done on that project. My goal is to get DVDLobby Pro 2 integrated into MainLobby's architecture first.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I definitely won't be promising any time-frame for completion. I work at WorldCom and have my hands full currently. I want to be an active contributor and have my regular job, then a website I am trying to complete which is taking up alot of my extra (I don't even know what that term means most of the time) hours. I see this as a gratifying project though, you have done a GREAT job. Can't give you enough kudos!

Mike

Quote:
Originally posted by mcascio
Mike,

I thought of the TV Guide idea a while back, but no time to implement. Have at her - that would be awesome.

Joe,

PhotoLobby Pro will not be available by the time ML2 hits the streets. Still more work to be done on that project. My goal is to get DVDLobby Pro 2 integrated into MainLobby's architecture first.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Hi Mario,

What do you mean by this

Quote:
My goal is to get DVDLobby Pro 2 integrated into MainLobby's architecture first.
are you planing to intergrate DVD lobby with Mainloby,

steve

1 - 20 of 1390 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.