AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 5040 is all setup, but what's happening now is everytime I change channels (whether with the channel up/down buttons or through the guide), I get a blue screen that says "No video signal detected" for a good 5-6 seconds, and then the channel comes up. From the display on my cable box, it seems like the channels are changing incredibly slow, but the RTV is moving itself over to the new channel immediately.

I called tech support, and they had me mess with some of the fine tuning options for my box (changing "Send enter" from Yes to No, and lowering all of the delays to 0ms), which did absolutely nothing. They then told me that this is a software issue expected to be addressed in the next release, which of course we may never see.

I have a Pioneer Voyager/BD-V3510 digital cable box, and I'm using IR Code 0477. I changed all of the fine tunings back to the default.

Does anyone have any suggestions of things I might try to fix this? Or was the tech support rep correct that this is truly a software issue and I'm just screwed? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
This has been talked to death. It is part software and partly not using the unit as intended. 5-6 seconds is normal, the software change is supposed to reduce it. The Replay buffers the incoming signal to hard disk, which requires encoding and decoding etc.

You do not "channel surf" with a Replay. You time shift to watch something at your convenience or you tune to a special program (football game, etc) to occasionally watch it delayed or live with "replay", etc. Most people don't scan the channels looking for programming, you look at the guide, marking things to record. Later, you play them back. Replays totally change the way you watch TV.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.