AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm using the HD Fury Linker with my Epson 5040ub, and I'm having major issues. It will not go into 10bit color with 4k/HDR/24hz. It also constantly has sync issues, it always switches out of HDR if I ever leave a video game, and then come back to it, like if I go to the One X dashboard, and go back to the game, it won't go back into HDR until fully restart the game. Also, it seems to be very poorly built. I bought it Brand New, and the casing is very loose and the buttons are extremely loose. It's all quite frustrating, as thing was not inexpensive.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like a drag. Luckily HDFury support hangs out on AVS. Post your symptoms in the thread about the Linker, and they will likely have ideas for you.
I've tried, but none of the suggestions are working. This really is not a user friendly product. Very confusing to use. Constantly loses signal.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I've finally figured it out, man, what a steep learning curve on this thing. It's great at what it does, I just wish it had a little better build quality and user interface, or was a little more of a streamlined process to get it all working.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Linker still won't run in 10/12bit 4k/HDR with movies or shows, no matter what I do. It's not my cables or the projector, as they both support these modes. Not sure what to do.

·
Registered
11,532 Posts
That's a drag. You may want to list what you have tried in terms of solutions.

I am very surprised @HDfury wasn't able to advise you further. Usually they are super helpful. They have solved a couple questions I had with my Vertex (and before that, my Linker).

Sounds like you just bought it? I would probably return it if it isn't working for you.

·
Registered
7,645 Posts
Just post in Linker thread, we only have our own threads opened and refreshed daily, so we won't dig the forums looking for any new threads.
+ we have a 24/7 real time help on our discord server, so it's not only us who must make an effort but also user to use the right way of getting help.
we solve people issue every day since more than a decade even on new eve or Xmas.

Linker thread is here and answered every day: HDFURY Linker owners thread

Describe setup with brand/model of everything including brand and length of HDMI cable , describe issue and add picture of GUI Screenshot when having any issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts