AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
6,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the A1 with 1.3 version. Anyway, I was watching Doom last night (my son wanted to watch it) and right in the beginning there was a weird audio noise. When they finally got to a person talking, the lip sync was huge. It was like watching someone make fun of a old godzilla movie where the person moves his mouth with no sound and then starts talking. I stopped the movie and went back to the beginning and it cleared the problem and no more lip sync.

No real question except how could something like that happen. Is their a video track and an audio track and somehow they were being fed at a different rates?

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
Many report that hitting the pause button cures this.

The problem is probably software related. Remember the player has very little hardware specific parts and must rely on software decoding.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I've found this once on the 2.0 upgrade ... Perfect Storm.

After upgrading, I like to "stress test" the system ... start playing the movie and then advance from chapter to chapter.

From Chapter 12 to 13 of Perfect Storm, a "wierd noise", and yes, the dialog looked like an old Godzilla Movie. Paused and replayed ... no help.

Stopped, and scene-selected to the appropriate spot ... no trouble at all, nor with further chapter advances.

Just a glitch/slip & I haven't been able to repeat it on any disk to date.

·
Banned
434 Posts
Yeah, from DVD to HD-DVD movies have always fell out of sync but rewinding or fast forwarding for a couple of seconds helps because the audio has to the video again.

Haven't noticed any lip sync problems with the new 2.0.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Hutnicki
I have the A1 with 1.3 version. Anyway, I was watching Doom last night (my son wanted to watch it)
Your son wanted to watch it huh? ;)

Stace

·
Registered
294 Posts
Once or twice I've noticed a slight pause in the video, the audio kept going, and when the video restarted there was a lip sync problem. Not sure of the cause--a scratch on the disc? Anyway, I hit the Pause button, waited a couple of seconds, then hit Play, and everything was in sync again.

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvb6171
I got all kinds of lip sync and stuttering issues with 2.0 watching The Perfect Storm tonight, pausing and stoping didnt help either
Try wiping the disc clean with a dry tissue and see if that helps. For me before 2.0 I had a few skip problems every now and then but after updating with the leaked update I have had no skips after watching more than five movies so far.

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvb6171
I always clean my disc, after putting it back to Dolby Digital Plus it worked fine, so dont know if that means anything or not.
Oh I see. I will check that title out tonight and see if I get the same problem.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.