AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so i got a hand me down screen from my dad...i though it was 92 diagonal and had been planning as such. turns out it is a 110 diagonal [namebrand is good enough that i need to keep it..nuff said:)] Probelm is my budget calls for a 4805...and my room size is about 16 long. Assuming i can squeeze the projector into the ceiling..gonna be close on throw distance...i will be at a seating distance of about 14, and from what i have read that is to close. It will be a dedicated HT room, so no light and i can paint walls whatever color i want [drywall going in soon]. SO..will this work, or will i need to find a way to build some sort of mask for the screen to get it smaller??? Any ideas or help apreciated.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
The the whole seating distance thing is a matter of preferences and varies depending on the viewer. I am doing 124" from 14-15 (sometimes almost 13) and SDE isnt a killer for me at that distance. IMHO SDE and RBE are both subjective enough that you need to demo before you can tell if it will affect you or not. One quick tip, when demoing dont look for anything just enjoy the movie normally cause if you really want to look for artifacts you will find them no matter what.

Regards

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only place that sells 4805 around here is Circuit city, and they dont have any set up. Plus to figure out what i ned to know they would have to have up a 110' screen and smaller screens and vary the seating distance etc...doubt they are going to do that. Any other ideas...anyone with a 4805 and a 110' screen sitting around 14 feet? TIA

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
The 4805 is capable of displaying a 110" diag 16:9 screen, with a throw distance from 14ft - 17ft. So if your room is 16ft deep and you mount the projector as far back as you can you should be good to go. You should be fine with a seating distance of 14ft or even less.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you sound like a Monty Python charactor:). SO you think i will be fine..that is reasuring. reason i am not sure if i can mount 14 back is i have a steel suport beam [large] for the basement that runs across the room right at about 14feet..with a 6inch lip. So depending exactly how far from the back of the projector the tip of the lens is will decide if i can make it. Wont know that till after i actually buy the PJ..that is why i am stressing a little about this. it would be a lot easier if the screen wasnt worth $$$. But it isntlike i could ever afford a screen like this, so i am trying so hard to make it work. Thanks agin eveyone!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.