AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a fairly extensive home pre-wire. I have a HDMI extender setup that runs cat 5 back to my component closet. The particular extenders, are rated for the feet they serve however they are the brand "WYRESTORM" which I have heard mixed reviews about. Also, the run of the cat 5 is not without a few turns here and there. Nothing drastic but there are a couple curves and it is not a shielded cable. Powering this is a yamaha receiver which runs some other TV's and audio throughout the house as well. The problem I have having is usually when I am singing karaoke and everyone is there. It begins to blank out sometimes making it unusable and conveniently happens most when I am having a large scale party. Some days it works perfect, some days it's horrible...and it's usually horrible when people are there. Not sure if this is a heat issue within the receiver (I have installed a fan to circulate air) or simple connectivity issues within the wire and or the extenders....

Can anyone help?

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
Standard Trouble shooting procedures are required to eliminate variables. i.e. do all the TVs drop out of just the one? Have you run other known good cat 5 outside the walls.. etc etc There are a dozen things that can cause this and you have to eliminate them one at a time.. Short of that you could try calling Theresa to get the ghosts out of the machine!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts