AVS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im so tired of reading reviews and such please just help make a decision for me! Thanks in advance.



Panasonic TH50PX60U

or

Samsung HP-T5054

or

Pioneer PDP-5070
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,857 Posts
Pioneer


Stop reading reviews and go look at them if you haven't already. You have to live with it.


Sorry, but listing those prices are not allowed. You can only list MSRP.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,447 Posts
Samsung is the pick for me. I own last year's 4273. It's PQ was unsurpassed. If this year's newer models are at least as good then what's to think about
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,424 Posts
Those are probably the most popular on this forum, so I don't think you can go wrong with either of them. I however, would choose the Pioneer 5070HD.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,357 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by discopaul /forum/post/0


Samsung is the pick for me. I own last year's 4273. It's PQ was unsurpassed. If this year's newer models are at least as good then what's to think about

Samsung is stepping up but its a matter of opinion, I think you will be happy with either Pio or Samsung in this case.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
I think debating the Panny vs the Samsung is a tough choice. The Pioneer, to me, stands out in another class. Full disclosure - I own a Panny 42" (42PX50U) and recently upgraded to a Pio 6070 (through Roman at Invision).
 

·
Vendor
Joined
·
34,006 Posts
Look at the 50PX600U too, Huge price drop about to happen (AVS Member, foofighters )I guess you are just a poster to some
.............. Samsung has been in the game for a while.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanInvision /forum/post/0


Samsung is stepping up but its a matter of opinion, I think you will be happy with either Pio or Samsung in this case.

You have samsung in your show room too now
You always say you leave it to your installers for there fine eyesight on panels.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,186 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma /forum/post/0


Look at the 50PX600U too, Huge price drop about to happen (AVS Member, foofighters )I guess you are just a poster to some
.............. Samsung has been in the game for a while.....



You have samsung in your show room too now
You always say you leave it to your installers for there fine eyesight on panels. ( Where did you personally test the Samsung?)




Hard to play both sides of the coin


Like many here I would have the give the edge to the Pioneer, however IMO, it's only a small edge over the Panny, and given some of the Prices on the close out Pannys it's a tough call. I never cared for Samsung, but I have heard good things about their new line.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
330 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by foofighters /forum/post/0


Im so tired of reading reviews and such please just help make a decision for me! Thanks in advance.



Panasonic TH50PX60U

or

Samsung HP-T5054

or

Pioneer PDP-5070


I'm in the same boat... I've narrowed it down between the pio and sammy and the new sammy LCD 46"
. Given all of the feedback I'm reading on the new sammy 5054, I may give it a try. It's got to be the best TV for the money right now. Does the Pio5070 have any type of anti-burn in technology?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajs800 /forum/post/0


I'm in the same boat... I've narrowed it down between the pio and sammy and the new sammy LCD 46"
. Given all of the feedback I'm reading on the new sammy 5054, I may give it a try. It's got to be the best TV for the money right now. Does the Pio5070 have any type of anti-burn in technology?


Yes, all of the Pios manufactured from 02-2007 on. It was discussed in the 8th gen. Pio thread, something about an orbiter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
284 Posts
It's a toss up between the Samsung and the Pioneer. I think this years Samsung has a slightly better black level and it has more up to date inputs (HDMI 1.3a). I'd lean towards the Samsung unless the film look of the Pioneer is your taste.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,357 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma /forum/post/0


You have samsung in your show room too now
You always say you leave it to your installers for there fine eyesight on panels.


I apologize for not being an installer
I am stating from feedback my friend
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1 Posts
Blacks:


1. Samsung HP-T5054

2. Panasonic 50PX60U

3. Pioneer 5070HD


Picture processing:


1. Pioneer 5070HD

2. Samsung HP-T5054

3. Panasonic 50PX60U


If you have outboard processing or upscaling dvd player, go for Samsung.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top