AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Soon to be a hot topic in the Under $500 forum, I'm sure. :)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gunna seek out in the dark of night and rob me self one of those old projectors from my old school

I bet they still use them to display all the hym lyrics!

Paulh.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Ugh...not again!

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
The projector idea may be good, but the real nugget of great information in this article is the low cost screen.

Here's an excerpt from that article....
Quote:
head down to the local crafts store and purchase some large sheets of white poster board and make a screen out of these. At Dollar General these sheets go for 3 for $1 I believe, so for probably $4 or so (9 sheets plus $1 for scotch tape of course) you can make an inexpensive screen.

Now that's a DIY screen! I'm sure it looks just as good as a Stewart screen. NOT!!! :D

·
Registered
84 Posts
man that is great way too funny. the sad thing is i was debating that same idea 2 years ago. i even ordered a "lens" off ebay and tried the ole 13 inch tv trick. then i looked at it and said, man how am i ever gonna get a hot chick to watch a movie on this concraption (not mis-spelled) so i got a cpj-100 at first (which is cool i think ) then moved up to vpl-cx10 xga res (very cool) and now im looking at a hs10 or plv-z1. great article for fun though. i did learn quite a bit trying this experiment though.:rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.