AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to watch the finals of the US Open in HDTV using my friend's LCD projector. He is going to ship it to me but I don't have a screen. I want to create a makeshift screen to use with it. I was thinking of hanging a white sheet from the ceiling with a blanket behind it and then keeping it tight by weighing it down on the floor. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

Will

·
Registered
779 Posts
A white wall will work but far better than a sheet is just go to a local fabric store and purchase drapery blackout material. This should be ~54 in wide and white with a vinyl backing. Just use tacks or tape to attach it to your wall. A sheet is a bad idea as it will be fairly transparent, you want something that will reflect the light back at you.

BTW Helen is correct the screen forum would be more appropriate location for this post.

Regards,

Brian

·
Registered
855 Posts
In particular, check out this thread. The blockout or blackout material sounds pretty cheap and easy to use.

------------------

Huck

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have used photo backdrop paper. Works very nicely and isn't too expensive. If you have a local pro photo supply shop they come in rolls over 8 ft wide and like 20 feet long for about $35 bucks. I used one called silver gray which makes contrast much better than a white wall which tends to reflect too much light.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.