Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have read through the forum looking at the DIY screens people are making in particularly the ones made with parkland plastics material. Im looking for material though that is shorter but wider. So like a foot wider and maybe a 1 - 1 1/2 feet shorter.

Regards,

Alex

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hi Alex, I made a Parkland screen in the past. I'm not sure I understand your question. As far as I know, they come in 4'x8' and 5'x10' measurements. Its thin flexible material. You would need to cut the Parkland to fit your screen measurements. Its easily cut with scissors or a razor

·
Registered
212 Posts
people have done it without a full backboard, but the downside is that the material is so thin its hard to keep it flat without bowing and such. I used a thin sheet of plywood that I glued the Parkland to and then put black trim on the front. The screen ended up being pretty heavy though, and I needed a screen I could put away after use, so I scrapped it. If your screen is going in a permanent location I'd recommend a full backboard

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
did you see the picture that has like several pieces of wood (like sticks on it) instead of a whole backboard. (go to the link in my last post)

do you think that would be ok?

Regards,

Alex

·
Registered
31 Posts
Alex, how about foam or some other light weight material for backing? Every time I see that picture with no backing I think there has to be a shadowing/lighting issue since it isn't flat against the wall. But I could be wrong.

Gabrielle

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.