AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok rite now I am trying to get my music only box up and running but I am enconturing some difficulties.

I would like to start up the computer and it loads my playlist and plays away, also when it reaches the end of the playlist it goes back to the top again.

I am using winamp and I put my playlist in the start-up folder but it only plays the one song and then stops.

Quite frustrating. Anyone got any suggestions?

·
Registered
212 Posts
You may be able to find better answers at winamp's site/forum, but let's give it a whirl.

Is it loading all the songs or just the one song it plays?

When it loads does it always play the same song or is it a different song each time?

Does it do the same thing if you load winamp manually with the playlist?

The play list that you're loading, is it all your music folders or just specific tracks?

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Is it loading all the songs or just the one song it plays?
It loads all the songs

Quote:
When it loads does it always play the same song or is it a different song each time?
it only plays the very first song and then stops. This happens everytime.

Quote:
Does it do the same thing if you load winamp manually with the playlist?
Actually I think this does happen but I am not sure about it. If I start winamp it loads the previous playlist.

Quote:
The play list that you're loading, is it all your music folders or just specific tracks?
The way I have my music organized is

c:music/artists/albums/tracks

I have manual playlist advance checked off because I was told this helps when it reaches the end of the playlist. I am having some VNC problems with it to at the moment so I also get to work on networking.

Oh joy!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Remove the check from the Manual Playlist Advance. What that does is exactly as your describing, it causes Winamp to play one track and then waits for you to tell it to advance to the next song.

If you leave it unchecked then Winamp will happily play every song until the cows come home. If you want it to loop back to the first song when it's finished, you need to click the Repeat button which is to the right of the Shuffle button on winamp's default skin.

A tip I picked up.

If you'd like winamp to load any music you may have added without having to deal with a playlist, create a batch file that points to winamp.exe followed by the location of you music.

Example

D:\\winamp\\winamp.exe F:\\music\\

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.