AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to activate both the RF input for a basic cable feed and Line 2 as my cable box input. However, as soon as I activate Line 2 and define it as a cable box, it becomes the primary input source, and the unit seems to always use it for regular viewing and recording when asking to record from the guide. This is true even if the channel exists on the RF input, and other than setting up a manual record on that input, I cannot get it to record from that source.

I would like to have the unit default to record/view from the RF input unless I specifically ask it to record from a particular channel on Line 2. Is this possible? I want to be recording on one of the analog channels and still have control of the cable box to watch HD or OnDemand at the same time. However, I am still looking to be able to set up automatic recordings from the cable box, if I want.

I can almost do it by setting Line 2 as "Other" device (the RF connector reverts to being primary when Line 2 is not a cable box), however I lose the ability of having the unit use the IR blaster to change the cable box to the right station - I have to set it up manually ahead of time, and can only do one channel.

Either way I am manually recording one or the other.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Turn off the duplicate channels on the line 2 input. That way it must go to the basic feed for the record.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by icecow2003
Turn off the duplicate channels on the line 2 input.
In other words, remove the line 2 version of those channels. You can do that by going into Setup, Add/Remove and pressing Select for each of those channels, or you can do it while looking at the channel guide. Highlight a show on a channel you don't want recorded off the cable box, press Jump and Select, then Remove Channel.

BTW: you will still be able to manually tune any of those "Removed" channels - they just won't show up in the guide, and won't be searched by any Theme Channel you have created.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am trying to do this, but only one set of channels shows up. How do I get the channels for the internal tuner and the cable box to show up?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Have you checked channels starting at 1000+?

That's often where the RTV remaps the channels from the RF input when there's a cable box or sat box.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I believe you also have to select a different channel lineup for each input as well, correct? I know that when I was trying to set mine up, I would set up the RF for the Comcast Analog lineup in my area. I then tried to set up the line 2 input for my cable box for the same thing, but every time it would replace the RF channels with its own. The only way I found I could get it to work was to select the Comcast Digital lineup for the RF (since the first 100 channels are the same for both analog and digital), remove all the digital channels above 100, and then add the cable box using the analog lineup. Cable box channels are now in the 1000 range and everything works fine.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by rickster
Have you checked channels starting at 1000+?

That's often where the RTV remaps the channels from the RF input when there's a cable box or sat box.
This was new info to me, and it solved my problem as well!! Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.