AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I was wondering if you guys can help point me in the right direction since this will be my first LCD purchase. I have previously only owned Plasmas and therefor don't even know where to start. For example, what companies are considered "top of the line" and such?

I am hoping to find a LCD that does 1080p and is in the 42'' to 46'' range. It will be used for BD and the occasional PS3 game. Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Samsung is #1 in LCD. Their A550 line starts the 1080p and you can go up from there on price as features are added. Look at the A550 and up threads for more info as to gaming quality, etc.

New models are being introduced at CES this week and will be out in the Spring if you want to wait for the newest stuff.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Sony and Samsung are generally thought of as the best choices. As far as which, that would depend on your preference and budget. Anything in the 6 series and up is worth an audition with Samsung and with Sony the W, Z and XBR Series. All of those are 1080p, 120hz models and come your size specifications.

·
Registered
182 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mes444 /forum/post/15510673

Samsung is #1 in LCD. Their A550 line starts the 1080p and you can go up from there on price as features are added. Look at the A550 and up threads for more info as to gaming quality, etc.

New models are being introduced at CES this week and will be out in the Spring if you want to wait for the newest stuff.

This would be a great start.

The model that mes444 mentions is the exact one that I have and I use it primarily for PS3/blu-ray/sports. It's a great set and I love it. You should be able to get a lot of reviews and feedback in the official thread.

You should be able to get this set pretty cheap these days.

Not sure what your budget is but the LNXXA630 models with the 120hz feature is stunning but of course, will be a bit more expensive.

Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts