AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this has been covered before, but I can't seem to find the answer. Is it possible to make home theater speakers wireless? If so how well does it work? Does it cause any latency or delay?

For instance what is this used for?

http://www.amazon.com/JBL-WEM-1-Wire...1045763&sr=8-1

And how well would it work? I'm thinking about buying this while it's on sale. Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have heard one wireless system before. It was a friend's cheap HTIB system and the surrounds were wireless. Didn't sound good IMO. You really need wires going to the speakers because they carry the power from your amp. Those wireless things only have 50 watts - which isn't that much, and they're probably not very good amps either.

Are you not able to run wires? I just ran mine along a wall and tucked them under the baseboard. Can't even tell they are there.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake227 /forum/post/19562603

I have heard one wireless system before. It was a friend's cheap HTIB system and the surrounds were wireless. Didn't sound good IMO. You really need wires going to the speakers because they carry the power from your amp. Those wireless things only have 50 watts - which isn't that much, and they're probably not very good amps either.

Are you not able to run wires? I just ran mine along a wall and tucked them under the baseboard. Can't even tell they are there.

I probably can, it's just I was hoping to maybe the hang the speakers or something, but I'll probably justgo about trying to hide the wires. How hard is it to go along the walls? How do you even go about getting in there?

·
Registered
30,788 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteshirtkyd /forum/post/19562115

I'm sure this has been covered before, but I can't seem to find the answer. Is it possible to make home theater speakers wireless? If so how well does it work? Does it cause any latency or delay?

For instance what is this used for?

http://www.amazon.com/JBL-WEM-1-Wire...1045763&sr=8-1

And how well would it work? I'm thinking about buying this while it's on sale. Any help is greatly appreciated!

1. All wireless links have latency but that can be corrected with proper setup adjustments.

2. This will work but, if you need more power, consider the AudioEngine AW-1 and add the amp of your choice.

·
Registered
122 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteshirtkyd /forum/post/19562926

I probably can, it's just I was hoping to maybe the hang the speakers or something, but I'll probably justgo about trying to hide the wires. How hard is it to go along the walls? How do you even go about getting in there?

I have never done this because mine are on stands - So I may not be the best person to answer this, but I do know that you can buy some molding and run strips of it along walls and ceilings to cover up wire. I think you can even paint the molding to be color-matched to you walls. Its not as ideal as having the wires behind the walls, but its an option.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.