AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to make zoomplayer skip the menu and fbi warning and all that other crap and go straight to the movie on a dvd? I searched a couple times and spent a long time looking through zoomplayer but could'nt find an option that sounded like what i want.

I would like to pop a DVD in my computer and have it start right up without any of that stuff that gets in the way.

Thanks, any input would be appriciated.

-Tyler

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
You do it by adding a bookmark at the spot that you would like the movie to start. In that bookmark editor, there's an option "Set to Autoload". Set that bookmark to autoload. Now any time that DVD is opened in Zoom Player, it will autoload that bookmark and jump to that scene.

·
Registered
5,970 Posts
That's the hard way, just hit Alt-B onece you are past the point in the movie that you want it to start at. Make sure you have selected your desired audio track before you do this, cause it also saves the audio track info.

If you want to do this for every disc without manually getting past the junk, that is not possible with ZP.

Vern

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Vern Dias

If you want to do this for every disc without manually getting past the junk, that is not possible with ZP.

To my knowledge there is no player front end that would be able to skip the legal warnings etc. when first viewing the DVD, right?

They all stick to regulations regarding the user prohibitions.

Regards

Christoph

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
not without bookmarking or ripping them out.

brickie

·
Registered
5,970 Posts
Quote:
To my knowledge there is no player front end that would be able to skip the legal warnings etc. when first viewing the DVD, right?
That is correct, manual intervention is required to do this.

Vern

·
Registered
676 Posts
Try using AnyDVD which when loaded, performs "on the fly" decrypting and PUO removal. What this allows is that as soon as the disc is inserted and going, you can hit the root menu button and immediately jump to the main menu, skipping over all that one time start up stuff. It works great.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by clehner

They all stick to regulations regarding the user prohibitions.
I use MPC and I am not forced to wait or forced to watch extra trailers or such. Plus MPC is free.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by windtrader
Try using AnyDVD .... It works great.
Thanks for the hint, windtrader. I just replaced regionkiller with AnyDVD and it really does a couple of more nice tricks.

Regards

Christoph

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.